Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads. ??

is this warning come with 7 day update notice ? like in some ad policy warning ?

Hi woodenboxlwp

Yes it has. So I de-published all the apps that could potentially be affected as a precaution hence the reason I’m on here

dunno what to say anymore, perhaps there is something about admob sdk that somehow interfer with other running app maybe on the background or something, thus trigger this. hard to check

Yeah 7 day notice here also:

This is a notification that your application, ****, with package ID ****, Is currently in violation of our developer terms.

REASON FOR WARNING: Violation of the Ad-Policy:

Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads.
After a regular review, we have determined that your app contains ad functionality which disrupts or interferes with the usage of other apps or their ads. This is in violation of the policy provision cited above.

Your application will be removed if you do not make modifications to bring it into compliance within 7 days of the issuance of this notification. If you have additional applications in your catalog, please also review them for compliance.

All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.

Before uploading or publishing any new applications, please review the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

The Google Play Team

Only had 1 warning for a small app which is weird as nearly all my other apps work the same way for ads.
I’m just trying to understand what exactly the reason is as so many other developers have had the same warning, but we all have different ad solutions…

Hi again a1ka1ine

Exactly the same What does this mean. Does it mean 3 of these types of warnings and they close your account? is it the same as posts on the forum that talk about suspensions/bans?

I’m not sure on the terms with only “warning” notifications. Google only says that repeat violations will result in account termination and investigation into other accounts. I would assume warnings either are not counted or are allowed more than flat removals. Then again it’s at Google’s discretion…
I guess that we will all just have to make the changes we see fit and hope for the best. I’m doing my best to make contact with someone from Google and post if I’m successful.

I have also send back a reply email but after reading here about their hopeless support/info I don’t expect a reply/acknowledgment:confused:

I’ve read somewhere that it is better not to hurry with reply to such things and first investigate to be sure to show them that you fixed what was wrong. Although since they only give 7 days, you don’t have much time. This is insanity. I suppose it’s most likely algorithm gone wrong. Or maybe you changed ads you were using recently in that app?

I ran into something interesting last night. I was thinking about upping my minSdkVersion for the new AdMob sdk, and saw that I still have a bunch of old .apks being served out there for when I previously updated my minSdkVersion from Cupcake, Donut, etc.

So users stuck with an old phone are still getting those old versions of my app. Even though most people get the newest release, those old versions are still live.

I can’t remember what ad networks I’d used in those old versions, but if the Play Store has a process where they scan active .apks for sketchy ad networks, those old ones are still technically live and I don’t remember what ad networks they contain.

I doubt people are running into this now with Pingjam since it’s relatively new, but say you decided to exclude Eclair versions in your manifest 6 months ago and upped your minSdkVersion. and your old version contained AirPush ads. In the meantime, you’ve removed all airpush ads from current versions, but that old apk is still live with AirPush ads (at least for Eclair users). Could you get a ban email in this case for the old apk?

I also have multiple apks “in production” because of different manifest features after adding permissions:
android.hardware.screen.LANDSCAPE
android.hardware.TOUCHSCREEN
android.hardware.WIFI

Just a weird scenario I thought I’d throw out there since there seems to be no pattern to today’s latest bans.

It makes no sense for Google to scan .APKs in active devices, as opposed to scanning the latest .APK in the dashboard. It would give a single user the power to ban your app if he had a version with Airpush from last year, and never wanted to update.

I’m not talking about scanning in active devices. I have multiple active apks in my dashboard. Since I bumped up the minSDK, the old versions are still “in production” in my dashboard. I also have multiple versions from adding manifest permissions.

Here’s one example:

Well, just deactivate them if they violate anything.

Oh, I see what you mean now. Personally I don’t manage APKs that way (I rather just keep one version even if it means I stop supporting older APIs when I bump it up), but in your case, you’ll definitely need to ensure all APKs flagged as in-production are compliant. Or just deactivate the older versions, your choice.

Yeah, definitely. I was just throwing out a possible idea to look for if someone got a ban email and is currently using conservative ad networks.

Ah now here’s something weird. I just went to the APK tab of my app on the Developer Console and the error message “Unexpected error validating your APK configuration” came up under a red strip at the top of the screen. I can see no errors on the dashboard though. Now the latest update for this app was released on 21st Sept, where I took out push and icon ads as far as I can recall. Maybe this has something to do with it? Maybe Google’s servers aren’t deploying the newest APK properly?

Can everyone else who’s had this warning check their app for this on the dev console (if you haven’t unpublished the app)?

Have tried checking all the apk’s on the console and all validated correctly.

Another question (as still considering options etc) I noticed a discussion a few posts ago re un publishing or deactivating. What’s the difference? Surely once you un publish G doesn’t see you as violating anything?? Or is it better to de-activate. I thought they would be one and the same thing?

When you are receiving those warnings from google, where do they appear? By email?

Yeah, by e-mail.
That way you cannot directly respond to them to see what the actual problem is. Google if you are reading this please get real support. PLEASE.

my dev account got banned 3 days ago.
i already bought a new one.

but WTF is this NONSENSE? -____-
gplay is really suck nowaday

no ads out app( StartApp exit )
mobario too
remove now