AdMob Payment settings - New bank account

Hello guys,

I have searched through the forum, but haven`t found a reply on this one.

I have a new bank account and I have inserted it to AdMob - they have sent me the small verification amount, but after I introduce the sum, it prompts me with - The amount you entered doesn’t match the exact amount we deposited into your bank account.

Is there anything I am doing wrong, as I have put there the exact sum I saw in the account. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you :slight_smile: any fed-back is really appreciated.

Maybe you are stating the wire transfer amount AFTER the wire transfer service charges - while Admob is wanting you to tell them what they were prior to wire transfer fee subtraction (or something like that ?).

Its not that and its also not the money conversion :frowning: it might be some error from them, I guess.
Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hey, you have to take care a lot about “.” and “,”, depending on where you are from. I had to use “,” on the English page and “.” on the German one, which is completely mixed up and costed me a few attemps.

If this is correct, this is another example of Google inattention to detail. What type of people are they hiring these days ?

Yep it is. Or at least I can definitely say, that I tried both 2 different times on the different pages and it failed the first time.

But to be honest, I’m not judging for that as this is actually hard for a company to distribute the jobs. I mean: Is that the programmer’s fail? Is that the person who does the logic’s fail? These things are just shit-happens-things.

There are many more things that go wrong but actually matter like people being banned because of unknown reasons or the new YouTube comment section xD