Admob: Failed to Load ad / Received error HTTP response code: 403

Anyone experienced this problem before? Error 403 means request is denied by the server but my app was not banned in fact it can receive ads sometimes about 20k+ impression daily.

Average daily impressions of this app is around 150K+ but it dropped so hard to 20k+ daily because of the error below… I have other apps with admob and this problem is not occurring…

I contacted admob and they said everything is working and they can see ads on the app… Please share your experience… tnx

05-05 10:17:55.319: W/Ads(20196): There was a problem getting an ad response. ErrorCode: 0
05-05 10:17:55.327: W/Ads(20196): Failed to load ad: 0
05-05 10:17:55.366: W/Ads(25768): Received error HTTP response code: 403

I did not check my logcat, but i am sure that something similar or different is happening to my 2 apps.

fill rate is ad low as 17% sometimes. its not possible with admob who provide 99.9% fill rates.

so i contacted them and shared my ads code snippet. they told me that i am requesting new ads very soon after previous ad request is failed.
they told me that there must be delay of 7-8 seconds for placing second ad request if first ad request is failed and so on.

though i did not correct it yet and its still have same results.

I’m sure it is not related with the frequency of the request because even If i create new ad unit and do interval of 24 hours per request still not working…

I encountered this before and I don’t have choice but to change my package name but this time changing package name of a good performing app in the market is not an option… :frowning:

I’m sure it is not related with the frequency of the request because even If i create new ad unit and do interval of 24 hours per request still not working…

I encountered this before and I don’t have choice but to change my package name but this time changing package name of a good performing app in the market is not an option… :frowning:

I wonder how package name is related to ad responses.

have this happened to you or anyone over here?

how about using backfill network in such situations if reason of ad response failure is not known??

i am sure no other network can beat admob when it comes to banners. their full ads are also far better than others.

what are your fill rates by the way?

They use package name to identity apps not ad units…So if you have banned apps with admob just change the package name.

btw before this error happened I was getting 98% to 100% fill rates…

how much is your fill rate after this error?

Though my case is different than yours. because i am getting ads with terrible fill rate of 10-20% and you are not gettings ads at all i think.

please keep posted your further progress here. might be helpfull.

Fill rate is the same, 98% to 100% but the problem is the app cannot request ads because it is denied(HTTP error 403) by their servers. I tried changing the package name of the app and everything is okay… Their system partially banned my app I think without any reason… I think this is a bug because even their support told me everything is okay…

I hate to say that their support only replies once in a blue moon… :frowning:

So your app is served with apps after you changed its package name?

what about your app download and rating stats? your app will be considered new as you have changed package name.

did you reskin the app or just changed the package name?

• once package is change ads started to come out. without error… App is still serving ads sometimes === weird problem…

• I have other ad networks on that app. the app is getting more users than before and revenue is increasing. Rating is 4.4 and total rating is around 1400… total downloads is 45k+ with 50% retention…

• app is not reskinned and is live in GP for almost two years now without any violation.

Hello, I think is a new type of Google app ban. HTTP 403 is forbidden, server rejects requests. So you think your app is active but is really pseudo-banned.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/KxTbpeI0J3Y

Exactly since May 1 like me and I am sure like you. It seems the Google robots went crazy and began to pseudo-ban apps beucase they wanted to do.

hahaha you got it It was May 1 when this happened… Google technical support is keep asking data with me because they don’t understand why my request are all rejected… They are not aware of this crazy random banning sh-i-t…

Update:

Admob fixed this issue after a month or more and I’m back on track… Their support sent me an email and assured me that this is now fixed. How about you guys?

I have terrible fill rate with admob. I know it sounds strange. but this is how it is. for few apps its even 20-30%.
I do not have any clue what is causing it. Though i never experienced any issue during my testing. ads appear very soon.

By the way how you came to know and narrow down that it is some “HTTP 403” issue?? in logcat or it appeared on ad panel??

I have attached the admob stats for this sunday. just have a look…

Email admob support for your issue.

By the way how you came to know and narrow down that it is some “HTTP 403” issue?? in logcat or it appeared on ad panel??

Use Charles Web Debugging Proxy ? HTTP Monitor / HTTP Proxy / HTTPS & SSL Proxy / Reverse Proxy to see what is going on…