2 suspended apps from 2 different accounts

Hello guys,

Today I woke up with the following two emails:

This is a notification that your application, xxxxxxxxxxxx, with package ID xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, has been removed from the Google Play Store.

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the [Impersonation or Deceptive Behavior](https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html#impersonation) provision of the Content Policy.

Products must not contain false or misleading information in any content, title, icon, description, or screenshots.

These emails were sent to the 2 of mine accounts for 2 different applications that are violating their policy.

However I’ve gone through each sentence in the mentioned section and I didn’t find anywhere that I’m violating Google’s policy.

Indeed the two apps where prank apps, but this was clearly written in their disclaimers.

They were both for entertain purposes only, but unfortunately the one of them had 20 000 active users … The other one had only few downloads a day.

I’m very frustrated cause there are lot of placebo apps but only mine were hit.

I’ve heard before that Google suspend apps that are being downloaded but give no value to the user.

Maybe Google will start cleaning the store from placebo apps just like in iOS market which that kind of apps are not allowed.

I didn’t receive any notifications and I’ve got directly suspended.

I’ve respectfully replied to the email, but the last time I’ve got a suspended app it took 1 week to recheck my app and ususpend it.

I’ll update the thread when I have some more information till than I’ll be glad if some of you share your opinion.

google is removing fart and other prank apps at a very quick rate. hello world apps are gone,junk apps are disappearing. spam and adware is also disappearing… flashlight, prank,etc etc categories should be kept away from.

I too have had my first App removed. The App is Dehydrated Water which is a simple game that simulates a pourable and refillable container of dehydrated water granules. Of course it is a just a game but I did include instructions to pour into a glass of water so maybe they think that is deceptive. I asked for clarification and received a stearn response that leaves me with no recourse. Really bad developer support even though that is the email address. They must consider this to be a junk app as well. I can’t argue too much.

Should I proceed in other markets and stores?

Probably one of your competitor reported you and made accusation to your app.