Your best number of installs in 1 day

I got max 6000 installs a day with myapp which later got banned…a way of google to welcome you

My max90k/day … Old, good times…:wink: Now it is about 20k…

My best ~12k/day on an app that spiked really fast (I still don’t know why:))

For Android, about 20-30 after around 3 months. For iOS, around 2000 so far (after just 3 days on the App Store).
Can anyone figure out how this computes!!!
app: Dodge those Balls

Thanks for sharing this piece of info. I can’t believe the difference! Maybe it’s time for me to finally look at these iOS devices. :slight_smile:

For me, the best was 29 installs in a day.
App: Tsoro (on Google Play).

@tronix: move your screenshots of actual game to the first slots so they are more visible. Interface is not that interesting to people who look for a new game to check out.

Thanks for the excellent tip Magnesus.

I am still hoping for my first truly successful app.
Until now I got about 550 daily downloads for RyZm (that, summing the fact that is present in full and light versions, made for its best about 700 downloads/day).
Summing all my apps, I got a record of about 1700 downloads/day.

What is upsetting is that I took weeks to develop a game, or some interesting musical app, then made in one-day-one the Smile app and got 450 downloads in a day. So why should I spend time on intelligent apps? :confused:

I guess that all deals with how the search and promotion systems work on the iOS and on Google play… probably you should promote better on Google play, using tags, more languages, better screenshots…

Good question. I’ve got 30k downloads on a well made game once though and it’s stable at 3-4k right now after a few months. So it is worth it (making that game took at least two months). I don’t know if Smile app could get you similar results.

i have a free sound board app on google play that got 948 last Christmas. Odd tho it got 944 on jan 12. does average of 700 a day now but hasn’t dropped below 500 a day for months. i only get about 42% retention of active installs.

anyone know if putting up a video of you app on youtube actually helps?

Of course not, but neither did the game. It even makes worse. Sometimes I feel that it would be better to develop 10 stupid apps in 10 days of work than a good one.

Wow! To have downloads of that level on a Soundboard app is impressive. Maybe I’ll try doing one again :slight_smile:
As to the video, In my experience YES. I’ve seen a solid 20%+ install increase every time I’ve added a demo video. You can easily if it’s working by monitoring the view count of the video too.

I think i may have figured this out a while back. That’s why i switched to niche wallpapers, soundboards, and other one off simple ones. I can pump those tings out right and left. Hell today in 2 hours i kicked out another one. If my gut is right (usually is) this will be a good dumb app people will download like crazy. just super simple.

You have to put out a quality niche one to do that. I am talking 80 plus hours of sound editing and squeezing as many sounds in as possible. The lowest number of sounds i have in these is about 210. Still not passing into the 20 MB in size apk realm.

I will make a video of each app i have this weekend and reply back here if i see a noticeable increase.

@hubris: what are you using for wallpapers ? AndEngine ?

Well I kinda cheated on the wallpapers. Got basically a template from a buddy. He stepped out of the dev world and sold it to me on the cheap.

I am switching over to appbucks for the wallpapers. Admob didn’t work well for them. Needa push or icon for wallpapers. But hey I am still learning. Only had a couple wallpapers. But now I have a great artist to pull art from. He cant animate so I do that and make the live wallpaper.

yesterday i OMGED when i saw total installs it was 7.5k and i had highest revenue ever from admob in 1 day it was 65$ :smiley:

Congrats, man, that’s crazy!!! :slight_smile: Can you please share with us what kind of app is it? Did you do any promotions/advertising? Thanks.

Congrats! Which app ?

And if anyone cares… Anagram Hero does 40-50 installs/day… sigh