Whats is going on with Airpush? please chime in - My first Post here :)

I was using firefox and had the same issue on chrome and IE, they sent me a new password and that wouldn’t work either. It says something about not being able to retrieve my password because I’m registered as a Google user

Sometime I think airpush has a very low ecpm and they try to low down the impressions to make us think there ecpm is higher than what they have, by taking out the ad request column, they prevent us from knowing their real fillrate, almost every ad network provide us the fillrate information, except airpush. I am wondering why?

Same problem here… very low CPM, a month ago it was around $1.30 now only $0.30!

It seems Airpush is sinking in the sea… Never got such a lower cpm 0.37$

I removed Airpush from my Apps

I did it yesterday and today AirPush cpm jumped to $0.60 :mad:

my CPM this week around 0.25. Last month 0.6 :frowning:

For the last 12 months I used to make a stable 800 to 1200 dollars a week with airpush .
Since December it dropped to 600 dollars .
I really try to stay loyal to airpush but it’s getting harder for me to stick with them if this continues

eCPM’s are not low because of 1st quarter! In fact they are low and have been low due to the simple fact that premium SMS type and PIN Submits are banned by the FCC. All US major carriers can not do this in the US anymore, so this has taken an enormous impact on eCPMs. You started to see a big decline when Tmobile, the last to allow this, back mid 2013.

Read: FCC proposes crackdown on phone-bill cramming

Also most of a few of our friendly ad networks were “allegedly” accused of tinkering with premium Sms according to Androidpolice.

Read here: Lawsuit Claims Airpush Ads Responsible For Shady Premium Rate Charges
Android Community: GoLive Mobile and Airpush hit with lawsuit, accused of unwanted charges - Android Community

Admob Dec 2011-Mar 2012:

Admob Dec 2012-Mar 2013:

Admob Dec 2013-Feb 2014:

While SMS and PIN subs may have brought the eCPM down further, they are not the sole reason for the lull.
Further more, that ban only affects U.S traffic.

eCPMs will recover as they always do.

It is better to plot eCPM over 6 months. You are looking at stats that are coming down (back to normal) from the Christmas high/bubble and then saying ‘oh noes… eCPM is down!’

I beg to differ. PIN submit traffic is still strong in other countries with some occassional operator issues popping up when they ban the short codes but someone else always fills up the space. US Pin submit market was already kind dull for a few years now with AT&T being very restrictive with whom they do business with. Now that party is also over. However, it didnt really affect the eCPM.

Even if you have non-US apps, you will see a drastic drop in eCPM so there is no co-relation. However, I have noticed a similar drop on iOS as well especially with chartboost and revmob this month. My best guess is no big game releases this month and candy crush and clash of clans is probably by now installed every tom, dick and harry’s device so they aint spending much these days.

Back to normal? The Christmas season may be a high point, but we are not “back to normal”. January and most of February have always been the lowest point in terms of eCPM for me since I started with ads. By April/June it is back to “normal” per say.

The data I posted reinforces that this lull in eCPM is a trend in the advertising industry, not the result of SMS and Pin sub banning in the U.S.

I was in the industry , this from an insiders view point. I’m not allowed to say what company. I’m telling you if you look back mid year last year you will see a steady decline in eCPMs.
@appsg so I’d say the bulk of traffic is US based correct? Which means the bulk of mobile advertisers are looking for US traffic/installs. Advertisers pay 2-5x more to reach US households than other countries and that’s a fact (exception of UK CA . I’m not going down the path of arguing here, the point is that eCPMs are low across the board.

Living off of the banner and interstitial have evolved. Think about it, since the new Google policy it has made all these ad networks a commodity.

What’s the difference between ad network a to ad network b? Nothing!

Myself and several game developers are working on a new advertising model that makes points and achievements unlocked in games redeemable for IAP, through years of developing apps and being on the inside of ad monetizing, we (me and a few partners) have found that monetizing through rewards and “repeat” achievements, opens a new revenue stream for game developers.

So its no longer just "eCPMS’ or PPD or another gimmick widget or floating ad … that is part of the overall equation. What is important now is ARPDAU.

Example 50K Active USers (DAU) on your app @ $.01 = $500

PM ME… it only makes sense for apps that use IAP

YOu are showing “Google’s Admob” they don’t do SMS type of ads nor do they allow affiliate traffic… that is one of the reasons eCPMs on Admob have been always low…

AirPush is now out after ban on push notification.

Is anyone else having problems using their site? I just wasted another hour clearing the cache and cookies in multiple browsers but the login button doesn’t even respond. I don’t have any issues logging into other sites (even ones that link to google) so I know its not just my computer like their reps are implying

Yes it is… but it was the same last January. My point was that you cannot look at Christmas eCPM and wonder why you are not getting that rate the other 11 months of the year.

I’ve had it with airpush. I will be leaving them for good at the end of the month and remove them from my apps. They may be good with payment schedule and always pays on time, but they have horrible customer service and play with developers stats.

Did you use the Universal SDK? push notifications are banned now, you shouldn’t use that SDK :stuck_out_tongue: use standard or Bundle