unusual high CPC at admob?

Still going down. Yesterday it was at 0.01 :frowning:

Mine has gone down, but not that low. I’m at $.03-$.04 so not that bad.

Mine is still about the same, $0.06 - $0.08 the last few days. Today however it’s down to $0.038

Solirify, 0.06 - 0.08 is pretty good. Where are most of your clicks from? What’s your CTR?

Yeah, I guess it is.

My clicks are mostly coming from the US, Sweden and Germany.
The CPC from Sweden is only about $0.01 - $0.02 (last month’s average $0.02)
The CPC from Germany is about $0.04 - $0.06 (last month’s average $0.05)
The CPC from the US goes up and down a lot. It’s usually somewhere between $0.08 - $0.3. (last month’s average $0.12)

My overall average CTR is 1.47%
For Sweden: 0.3% - 2.5% (Last month’s average 1.31%)
For Germany: 0.8% - 3% (Last month’s average 1.43%)
For the US: 0.5% - 1.3% (last month’s average 1.04%)

Hope that will help you. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. That’s good to know :wink:

Wow, $0.12 for US is 4-5 times more what I’m getting. Wonder what’s influencing that. Are you passing any additional information about location/gender/age to adMob? It could be also some keywords in app’s description matching some higher paying ads.
[hr]
I installed this app and one strange thing I did notice was that while I was getting a banner ads from adMob for other apps for this one I’ve seen only text adSense ones. This reminds me of an observation I did back in the times when adSense stats were added to daily numbers with delay - my calculation suggested back then that adSense is in fact providing much better CPC.

I wonder if there’s a way to ask only for adSense ads, not only as a backfill for adMob just to test the theory.
[hr]
Yes, there is: https://developers.google.com/adsense-for-mobile-apps/docs/android/.
OK, another experiment added to my to-do list :slight_smile:

I only followed the tutorial. Haven’t changed any options like gender/age. I only checked the option not to show ads for adult sites.

For most countries O have a cpc of $0.01 - $0.05 but then there are some that are a bit better, for example the UK $0.15 and Switzerland $0.29. Not sure myself why I’m getting so high cpc. :slight_smile:

When I was interviewing at Google a few weeks ago, one of the problems I worked on during the interview was Advert positioning (followed by how to DDoS the advert server). One piece of information that was given was this:

Assume advert order is derived from this formula: position is proportional to CPC x CTR.

So … I think we can assume this means that Google gives higher paying adverts to people with higher CTR’s. This makes the most money the fastest.

Pretty obvious IMO (and this has been stated publicly by almost EVERY advert company as “higher CTR’s get better adverts”).

that reminds me on my experiment … :slight_smile: maybe I had just ended it too soon to feel and changes…

Well, but isn’t it a CTR as a measure of how effective given ad is as opposed to measuring how effective given advertisement media is? It certainly makes sense to position highly ads that convert better compared to the others.

I don’t think it applies to choosing which ads gets sent to a particular app but rather which ads gets sent to anyone before others.

I think that’s what reiti’s experiment shown - CTR ‘of the app’ does not influence CPC of served ads. Quality of an ad (and in result CTR ‘of the ad’ ) does influence number of impressions it gets (from the advertiser perspective).

I don’t know how about you guys but my stats are constantly going down. Maybe it’s related with holiday period and the kind of laziness that struck most of the ppl in those months? :slight_smile:

Ah I got you. Yes thr CTR of an AD (compared to the ctr of other ads on the same place) is a good measurement for the quality of the ad.

But the publisher that lacks relevancy because he has no influence which ads he get. Only admob can measure how good an ad “works” and even then, that is no reason to charge more money for it, so I am sure, the quality of the ad itself (and therefore the CTR of an ad) cannot have any relevancy for admob or the publisher. The advertiser himself wants to have the lowest cpc possible, while the publisher (and admob) wants the highest cpc possible.

At the end, it is admob who has the control over it. If you get an CPC of 0.14 you just do not know which CPC was charged by admob and how this CPC was calculated. But we have some facts we can rely on:

The bidding process (when purchasing ad impressions) runs automatically, so there are definitly “mechanical” rules with just a small amount of variables. category, ad type for example. It will work similar to adsense I bet, while adsense also have keywords, which admob does not (does it?)

So, if many people are advertising in the same category (more inventory, than ad space) CPC goes UP like a rocket.
If there are low advertisers (so not much competition for adspace) they all get their CPC at their minimum price.

Voilá - that’s all of the magic

The big unkown now is how does admob distribute the inventory … because in some of my games with low impressions I generelly get higher paying ads - also this apps does not show many ads per session (no auto refresh) - so they may distribute their ads (currently) about some formula concerning the impressions alone.

@rixment same here, stats low

My CPC is halved now compared to what it was June 30.

there is much likely to less inventory, so there is no competetion and ad space gets cheap.

Let’s hope for more advertisers soon :slight_smile:

The CPC probably depends on several factors. I haven’t got very good CTR (about 1.3%), yet I seem to get the highest CPC here.

My CPC is still about the same; $0.48 yesterday and today $0.85 :slight_smile:

Oh, and I also got the highest revenue ever for a click, $0.55! :slight_smile:

Well. I just was curious now about CPC in different countries and looked my own CPCs up :slight_smile:

I do not have any 55ct clicks - but i have several clicks in nearly every country listed so i cannot tell if there were a 55 ct click …

I have the currently highest CTR in Lichtensten and Albania - but also the CPC there is VERY low :slight_smile:

My top revenue countries are:

Germany
USA
[… big gap…]
Austria
Russia
UK

maybe it is wrong to list USA as a whole beside Germany (and not europe as a whole) - but actually Europe as a whole has double the revenue (and impressions) than America as a whole followed by a big gap and then asia, etc

PS: sure most of that numbers are generated by Robo Miner - which is currently downloaded 30% germany, 30% usa, 30% rest of the world (per day)

If you’d like to easily follow the CPC in different countries every day then you could sign up for distimo, www.monitor.distimo.com. You can then see the overall CPC every day or for specific countries. You can also follow your applications downloads and rankings. :slight_smile:

never added admob to my distimo monitor (already has distimo)… xD … just added it now, but haven’t found cpc anywhere yet … need to look tomorrow about it

do you find distimo completely accurate …?

Just signed up with Distimo, their service looks impressive. Thanks for sharing this :wink: