Startapp - very low eCPM

yes agreed. Also, I have same apps everyday, increasing installs in every geo, increasing impressions but the revenue I get everyday is so different. Some day I would get $0.30 ecpm and on some others $2. Why can’t you give an ecpm which is stable. Like in case of admob I know my ecpm is going to be x amount and it stays there.

Yes Now these days Start App doing really bad…When i lunched then they giving me 4 after 1 day 3.55 & again 3 & then 2.55 & today 1.50…what the crap man how it is possible…Why ecpm decreasing day by day even i am increasing his traffic.Please tell me what ads network is good …

As you can see ariel, many people suffer from this. Your ecpm isnt stable, and you are also counting less impressions than other network even in apps most screens have startapp ads. Today i got a horrible ecpm again.

Yes Mobile Core & Startapp both doing .They are counting less impression & ecpm decreasing day by day… We are waiting for good ad network…Like admob which atleast count genuine impression & stable ecpm…

I still have that question for you…

eCPM is very low… :(((((((

1.JPG

Hey There Armando,

Each app is a world of it’s own, and each app generates different results. It’s nothing complicated, really.

First off, you must compare the same ad unit, it could be that the same app will generate $3 on interstitials and $0.5 on banners. So lets’ line up and talk about interstitials.

Why an app generates better results than others? Here are some possible reasons -

1. Better banner integration - If the banners are integrated properly into the app, in a way that balances making money and the user experience, results should be good. Over packing the app with ads, showing too many of them will generate high amount of impressions, but low eCPM.
  2. New users ratio - If an app has a relatively small amount of new users, while a lot of active ones, it is likely the performance will be low, as the users are “used” to the ads, and will click less and less, thus reducing the eCPM
  3. Countries - Better countries = better CPI from advertisers = higher eCPM
  4. Overall perfromance - less clicks and conversions on banners… Simple as that.

Honestly, I don’t claim to say that I know why each app has a high or low eCPM. I need to look into the app and stats and find the reason. If I know the reason, I can suggest solutions.

But posting a screenshot saying “booo, low eCPM” does not help. And to counter that, I can show you this screenshot (attached) from a medium sized developer of ours.

Guys, I know I sound like a broken record, but please come to us with these issues. Email [email protected] and say you have very low eCPM’s, we’ll take a look. Email me personally and i’ll hit you back with ideas on how to improve it.

We’ve been working together with all you guys for close to 3 years now. So let’s keep it up and work on this stuff together.

Happy 2014 everyone. Let’s make it a good one!

Ariel.

ecpm.jpg

For the screenshot, is it a game or normal apps? You network works better for games or non-games?
Thanks.

I´ll contact you about it. Thanks for the reply. I hope you can also comprehend my frustration when seing that other people get so good results, while mine are bad.

Today ecpm dropped to 0.8 again!!

My ecpm never went up from 0.00$ so i removed all my apps from startapp now i am using admob and airpush

Hi, what are your apps? I can consult you how to get more money from startapp.

I dont startapp anymore i am getting 28$ ecpm with admob and 5$ ecpm from airpush

eCPM base on GEO of users. Which country of your users almost?

Mostly US some EU and some Asian

Hey Taimur97,

If your eCPM never went over $0.00 there could be two reasons -

1. Integration problem, leading to users unable to click or some tracking issues.
  2. Low impression count, if there is low impressions, the likelihood of very low or VERY high eCPM is possible. We have developers with 50 impressions per day, some days they have $0 eCPM, some days they have $40 eCPM.

Did you contact our support to inquire on the low eCPM?

I am disappointed. My eCPM average $0.19. :mad:

$28?? Is it really possible? What is the average for past 30 days?

There was no integeration problem the downloads and impressions were being counted and yes i contacted startapp support and they said that its because my users are not ineracting with ads but i knew that its not the problem so i removed my apps from startapp and now i am using admob with 28$ ecpm and airpush with 5$ecpm and generating very nice revenue.

I am thinking there may be a giant red flag popping up somewhere if you are getting a $28.00 eCPM with any ad network. Have you actually been paid any of these earnings?