Ranked app has disappeared on update from top entertainment

you obviously changed to keywords around, you should try changing it back to address your problem.

Only pongman said that, did you even read my posts before writing your crap? I don’t know if I agree, I’d have to analyze your posts with that statement in mind, and I’m too busy to do that.

I said your insinuation about “switching positions in ranking” is absurd, and as you can see, most people agree. They say so very carefully though, they treat you as one would treat emotionally unbalanced child. If you say “I think all the people on the planet take a part in a huge scale conspiracy, and they decided to not download my apps. I think it could be some special NASA program, most likely they check if they can convince the whole globe against downloading my apps”, people will answer: “Yeah, it could be special NASA program, but I think it might be something else”. Clarification: I don’t know how are your downloads and this example is not about that, it is an example showing how one should deal with you to avoid insults from you. It is still not guaranteed that he will succeed though, you still might say “you stupid monkeyshit stop following me you follow me for years!! Get away dont post in the topics where I post these are my topics you ugly imbecile”, you don’t really nead a reason for that do you?
[edit]
@down
Ok, I’m done with this discussion. You clearly need to say the last word, no matter what word it will be. Childish. I’ll let you have it, enjoy.

Haha dude your really a mental patient making up stupid sh!t. Keep going if it help you feel like your smart.

The same for me. When I launched my app one year ago it took 5 days to appear in the charts, with less downloads daily and new, and now 10 days since disappeared with 400 downloads daily its still missing… I give up.

Maybe Google has changed their rank algorithm again, to rank really old apps much lower? I have an old app also but it wasn’t in the ranks anymore for a couple years. Last january 2014 it did take a serious drop in downloads also.

@Zapata @toxic Any changes?

Also, guys - have you filled questionaire about new content rating? Maybe it’s related to it?

I updated the questionnaire after… to see if something happens. But nothing happens again.

update…

so my app is still nowhere on the charts, the downloads dwindled down from 2.5k a day to 1k a day.

to fix this, I decided to update another app of mine (that was doing great) and drive all promotional traffic to it instead, guess what? about 7 days ago after I updated the new app, it just dropped out of the charts today. I refuse to think this is a “google dance” in ranking algorithm.

This is manual filtering without any notice or warning!

I am spending serious amounts of money maintaining and promoting my apps, only to have them slashed out of the ranks and loose 50% of its potential. Thanks Google for keeping me informed about exactly what the issue is with my app!

Good thing I started transitioning to iOS, can’t wait to put more focus on it this year.
@Zapata did you get any emails back about your app?

filled out the questionnaire for all my apps, some apps are staying put, others (mentioned above) fell out of ranks

Nothing

My app is slowly dying…

Google decided to change how it counts rating and downloads that come from a single IP address. For example, if you and your children downloaded your app and give it ratings, then only one will be counted even though you have more than one device and each device has its own Google account. Most of Asian countries use proxies to share internet connection due to limitations in IP addresses and this mean you will lose a lot of rating and downloads.

Could you PM me with links to those apps? I would like to investigate it. I also don’t believe it’s random. There must be some rule in all of this.

If you don’t want to show your apps, please answer those questions:

1. How many of your apps already lost rankings?
  2. What category?
  3. What about keyword rankings? Did they falled too? You can check on searchman, appannie.
  4. Ratings for those apps.
  5. Similar names to some popular apps? Maybe some big developer released app with similar name?
  6. Description length? ASO in description?
  7. How wany errors reported?

As for this app which dropped after 7 days - have you checked every possible stat in those 7 days after update? I mean uninstall ratio, ratings (how many 1’s etc), reported errors. Maybe Google has added some new algo which tracks those things and after some threshold (too many 1’s or too high uninstall / install ratio in couple of days) it’s removed from top charts?

Google Play is Disneyland compared to the Appstore!

I want to think that App Store is different, I’m sure they are more serious in all the aspects

Update an app can have really bad consequences this days, I got a couple of strikes just after update.

AppStore IS different.
In the AppStore you won’t get banned for random reasons but… in the AppStore you also won’t get a download boost after updating the app. The app is promoted only for about 3 days after release and retains good number of downloads for only a week, later you are on your own. In the AppStore you practically can’t get onto any lists since those show only old apps and apps from AAA developers (while Google promotes new apps and has the “related apps” thing that gives a lot of downloads even to more obscure apps). I don’t personally know how to promote apps there without spending a lot of money. And you have to keep in mind that it costs $100 + the price of hardware to support AppStore - it might not seem like a lot but while I earn a lot on Google Play, I have yet to get back the money I paid Apple for a MacMini, iPadMini and those yearly fees. My Apple revenue is like 0.5% of Android revenue.

@Zapata did you get your app back into charts?

No, and yours?

neither did mine, i ended up making a slight copy of the app and redirecting all traffic there, unfortunately the new app fell out the charts 6 days after i updated it…

Could anyone of you verify if the uninstall rate greater than or less than the install rate before your app fell out of the chart?

maybe your app used keyword spam or something?