Ranked app has disappeared on update from top entertainment

I’ve searched for some updated app on appbrain AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on Google Play

Then i looked at search man at their category rankings.

So, looks like ranking remains after update.

Proofs:
This app is updated a lot (last time 12 march):
https://searchman.com/android/app/us/com.ismaker.android.simsimi/en/simsimi-inc/simsimi/?d=android

5 march:
https://searchman.com/android/app/us/com.androidsx.heliumvoicechanger/en/androidsx/helium-voice-changer-video/?d=android#overview

9 march:
https://searchman.com/android/app/us/com.daviancorp.android.mh4udatabase/en/daviancorp/mh4u-database/?d=android

You can zoom those charts - just select part of chart with your mouse.

@toxic, @Zapata

Do you use some specific sdks? Maybe some ad networks? Had any of your apps were banned in past? Also (and please be sincere about it) there is something shady about your apps? Some spamming in keywords, name similar to popular apps, etc? Maybe your apps are “soft banned” or smth and are waiting for manual review?

@Goddard None of my apps were banned ever or similar. I only have updated in both cases the short description and featured image, nothing else. I didn’t touch the long description or tried to apply ASO, just a simple update because now this things are required. In one app the process was correct but the other app has disappeared.

There has to be some catch… Otherwise this is Russian Rullet… And how to make more quality in existnig apps while such things happened. Unlogic at all.

@Goddard

the only thing i can think of is that my app was rejected at first, then within 2 hours of rejection it was approved again.

I have news from Google…

Thank you for your reply and further explanation. I wouldn’t completely discount the fact that there may be something going on with Google Play search and rankings. With that said, I haven’t found anything affecting your app that would cause this behavior. Moreover, we haven’t heard of any similar reports from other developers.

You mentioned that this doesn’t seem normal. I’d recommend continuing to watch your app’s visibility over the next few days to see if anything changes. It is entirely possible that there is an intermittent issue.

@toxic if you have a similar problem, contact with them too.

@Zapata did your app pop back into charts?

@toxic No, and I doubt.

I have 2 questions

1. Are you using admob or another network?

2. Was the developer who replaced your position a larger developer , it doesn’t have to be major but at least on UStwo or orangepixel level?

I dont want to jump to conclusions but it feels funny. Like some pay per slot thing.

@Pixelpower, what you say is quite absurd, don’t you think? The position in Google play changes daily and depends on many variables. If they wanted to put someone on high position, they could just put him there and all other developers would move down one position. And they would definitely not wait for someone from the ranking to update their app to “steal his position”.

Anyway, guys keep us updated on your situation. By escalating this problem you do a great job for developers community.

No I think its quite absurb that you follow me around in the forum and disagree with everything I say. I know for a fact you and others like you have no fuking life and are whiny pieces of sh!t. Thats what I do know.

Good one! Seriously, are you retarded or something? This is not normal behaviour. I did NOT insult you in my previous post. I said your insinuation is absurd, which is true. You write a lot on this forum, and even though most of it is shit, I did not insult you. I did give you 2 dislikes for your stupid posts where you wrote without reading the topic just to increase your post number I guess, or when you were trolling some guys idea about new social app, but also I gave you at least 3 likes/thanks for the useful posts. And I really, really restrained from disliking your stupid and unhelpful posts.

And you think everyone HAS to agree with you? And why is that? This forum is for discussion, not everyone has to think the same as you. And if they disagree with you, you should not insult them.

I also write a lot on this forum lately. I wrote 200 posts, and how many were directed to you? 10? And you think I follow you to disagree? Seriously, this is megalomania, you should treat that. You think you’re steve jobs or something?

Its very easy to disagree with you when you’re wrong, or writing a shit like this.

Anyway, about the insulting - you should stay with “pongman”. I see you both understand each other very well. Now you try to draw ME into this shit, I’m not gonna let you. If you want to discuss who screws your mothers just stay with “pongman”, you already discuss this stuff with him in like 4 topics I guess?

I asked 2 questions and you couldn’t wait to jump in and add your bullsh!t. You did it in the adnetworks section and I let it slide. So you figured you could pull the same sh!t again. Leave me the fuk alone you piss ant. You took this topic off subject with your stupid rant. Your the idiot here.

You are delusional. In ad networks section you missed the crucial point that you don’t get paid for users who already are in airpush if some other developer provided them, and I asked you POLITELY to modify your post to include this crucial part, so when someone reads that he would understand how it works. I actually was waiting for you to update your post as I wanted to “thank” for this post, but you never did update it, and your post is still just a misleading piece of crap, just like most of your posts are.

I think I’ll point out your incompetence more often from now on - and man, thats a very easy task. You’ll keep insulting me and I’ll keep showing that your posts are useless, and then you’ll insult me. I wonder how much time the community needs to classify you right.

Sorry for the offtopic, on a moderated forum I’d just wait few hours for moderator to delete his crap, but its not gonna happen here.

Ok so now you admit your following me around with promise you do it more often, thanks for the attention.

1. Admob always in this app.
  2. Right now I wouldn’t know, funny is, but I don’t think so.

Nope, Pixel, I said I’ll point out your incompetence more often, not that I’ll follow you. Learn reading, you have serious problems with it. You are not the whole world to anybody. Not for me for sure. Man, you should treat that.

He is bullshit person. Always thinks he is correct.

Pongman and allagainstyou both of you are sick. I asked 2 questions on the subject and both of you say I always think I am right?? WTF!! Now thats funny haha!! Thanks for the laughs.

Recently i changed Some Keywords on the app store and downloads dropped significantly. I thoihht i had some nice Keywords, but it didn’t workout well. Do you think it is because of the updating process?

I am using admob and didnt notice anyone jump up the charts out of my competition. I honestly think this is some sort of glitch or a manual filter process. The only way to find out is to get my store listing updated again and see if I start charting again.

Funny thing though is I am still receiving downloads, and I am assuming they are all coming from related list from my competitor apps, and maybe some keyword rankings.

If its really some manual filter that I am under, then all the work I have done for 1 year just went to crap, its pointless to try and improve my app if I won’t have a chance at charting ever again.