Not Sure if to Cry or Not...

@Lion King I will look elsewhere if I were in your place. We work too hard for this and deserve better. I was looking at PPD options and this is not a good sign. There must be other ad networks here with better PPD offers. Any?

@max1000 what’s up with AppFlood? Been eying them for a while. What do they offer that you like?

I think PPD is passe. It is a short term strategy from the point of view of a developer. You are showing an EULA and letting the network tamper with the user experience for almost all PPD. It was a safe bet and means for quick returns for budding developers sometime back when the payouts were high. Not anymore.

Look at it this way. A network that pays you 2 cents for a download in the US is counting on the fact that the lifetime value of the user would be much more than the initial cost. Some of the better networks out there pay you more than that for every click even for ROW.

What you should be more concerned about is

1. Which network offers you the best fill and ecpm
  2. the revenue share these networks work on (Typically is 70:30, but for PPD networks im guessing it has to be much lower)

Just my thoughts. Feel free to give your views.

The only PPD network which I am looking for is widdit. It would be interested to know how does it go with time. I know their stats and app score is screwed but as of date, it seems better than other PPD networks.

They are not anything special aside from the fact that they do not take any commission from developer revenues. What they offer is a CPI based model where you get paid whenever someone installs an app being advertised in their interstitials, appwalls etc. In my case I showed an appwall to users and I had a decent click through rate. This in combination with being payed around 1.5 USD per install (by filtering out the low paying ones), can give you a nice income.

Worth mentioning: on my non-game apps I didn’t get similar high CTR.

Edit. When I say they are not special, I mean they have standard ad formats.

Widdit doesn’t seem as shady as Appwiz. However their homebase ad format seems to interfere far to much with the app users operative system. If I changed the lock screen on my users with obvious advert spam, that would guarantee me being sent loads of hate mail. Just my thoughts.

Agree. But probably you can show a toast/alert message to user and inform them that the homescreen can be disabled by going to its settings. This can reduce the impact somewhat.
But more than that, I am expecting same treatment as pingjam for widdit. Getting bad rating is one thing and getting banned is really aweful for some 1000 dollors.

So, I assumed that you don’t cooperate with them. They strongly gives assurance that are compliant. Did you notice some silence about bans?

if you have pingjams SDK id remove it asap…your app will be banned, its just a matter of time.

I marked wrong quote :). I was talking about Widdit. Pingjam never used.

You can try Tribalfusion, Casale, Smaato or else you can try AdIquity.

So I ended up trying Mobario since I felt that StartApp & AirPush don’t offer anything special with there rates and they don’t seem that compliant either from what I read here in the forum and from testing their SDK.

So if everyone is almost the same, I chose Mobario. They are currently offering $100 bonus if I reach 30K installs. So if I do the math, that give me a 30% bump up per install! I have an app that I am testing their solution on and it has almost 1000 installs a day, so I should reach my 30K sometime next month and get my bonus! :slight_smile:

Thanks for everyone’s help :slight_smile:

Keep us updated about how many out of those 1000 installs they are actually counting.

@Lion King, your install rate is good. Should give you good revenue.

I definitely will keep you updated. I spoke to them on their Live chat and I exactly asked them about this question of counting installs.

They explained it to me that they count installs that are active for at least an hour. As long as my user does not delete my app including mobario or just mobario in under an hour than I should be fine :slight_smile: My users on average keep my app for at least 5 days.

They gave me this calculation: 1000 (Installs Google counted) * 40% (EULA acceptance) * 80% (Unique Installs) * 90% (Installs that last an hour) * {$0.02 (Average price per install combining US + non-US installs) + 0.003 ($100/30,000)}= $6.624

Sounds good, will keep reporting back to you all.

Let me tell you why Mobario concept is stupid. They don’t pay you if your user already have some app installed with Mobario SDK. Let’s say you as a developer have 20 apps and I as a user install all of them on my phone…you get pay only for one. Also, let’s say in a month or a year Mobario is one of the major players in ad network game, and majority of apps has Mobario SDK. In that case you will not get paid at all, cause every user will have at least one app installed with Mobario SDK.

APPWIZ IS SCAM

http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid.com/advertising-networks/3510-appwiz-scam-read-here.html#post27532

Thank you for this update. But in a weird way I can understand why they wouldn’t want to pay for a user that already has Mobario on their phone - They can’t earn any money from that and only pay for an install. If I was paying someone to advertise my app, I wouldn’t pay him twice for the same person. Would you?!

Taking into account that there are 1 billion android users, I don’t think I have what to worry anytime soon :slight_smile:

Agreed. This is a concern for PPD networks in general. A lot of users on my apps come from my other apps (through play store “developer apps”). If both of these apps have Mobario or something, these users wont earn me anything. This effect will be even worse if I use in-house advertising (not sure if this is the proper English term).

Yes . Mobario_Man said just like that . "This is top content widget so we pay for only first app which uses our sdk " .

If you wanted to hear a comparison with another network: I get 5 - 5.5 usd per 1000 users with Startapp (only searchbox). I have very high EULA acceptance however, and near 90% USA users.
And I am not happy with these rates at all. Because if you have a large active user base, interstitial/banner ads might easily trounce these numbers. But if you want income from all possible sources… :wink:

yes. PPD is like on top what all can be earned from in-app ads/purchases :smiley:
but its risky too given Pingjam treatment