New Admob upgrade: list problems + solutions

i would like to play around with it but not until other parts of the new admob start working. I don’t really trust it right now.

@hubris: Wow, good thing you’ve mentioned the $0.01 setting. I’ve now checked out the Monetize tab and clicked on my apps, which I selected for the House Ad campaigns, and even if the campaign was deleted, the prices I set remained in there! Ouch. I had all eCPM’s set to $0.07. They are now back to $0.01. Thanks.

I think i had a couple set for $0.50 for half a day… Noticed my revenue wasn’t normal from those ones and the eCPM reported in the main console was $0.51. Fixed it to $0.01 because it wouldn’t go back to $0.00

So since admob now doesn’t accept paypal I have removed it from my apps and moved to a different ad network.

So new admob doesn’t support all countries? Mean that I can’t upgrade it and force to move to another network?

I think only advertisers will be forced to upgrade for now.

I’m not an advertiser, but I was forced to upgrade - I think this is somewhat random and gradual.
@florine: You can open a bank account in almost any country. AdMob pays good, it would be a shame to leave it just because of this.

By forced you mean…?

Well, I had an option to upgrade, but for how long could I ignore it? :slight_smile:

I did the same.

Again, i am seeing only 0.00$. This is a temporary situation, right ?

How can i add an interstitial ad ?

@fanarin: Yep, it’s normal, you should have normal numbers tomorrow.

I can’t use interstitials (I’m using a web based app creator) so I can’t help you with that, sorry.

Thanx for quick reply, bluedot.

Well, when i try to add new ad for my running apps, its giving me 2 options. “Banner” or something not relevant (Turkish language)

I think second one means interstitals. Interesting translation.

Hi guys,

what’s the status with House Ad Campaigns? Do they work? I’ve never used regular advertising, so I’m a bit confused about setting up house ads - here is the how-to from AdMob: https://support.google.com/admob/v2/answer/3210442?hl=en&ref_topic=3210455

I don’t understand the last part (10. d). Would it be OK to enter $1.00 for House Ads and $2.00 for AdMob ads? What would this basically mean? If no advertiser is willing to pay $2 for displaying an ad, then my ads are shown?

Thanks.

Is there a time limit for upgrade to new Admob?

I’m still on the old version, unfortunately for payment in new Admob I have only one option: Checks.

There is naturally a time limit, yes, although Google/Admob has not given any indication of a specific date yet.
I would imagine you have a few months left, give or take. That’s only an estimate though.

Is three anybody who has changed to the new admin and got the small deposit for verify the bank account? I’m waiting and not sure if I typed the correct bank account number. Thanks for the reply

I haven’t tried in a few days but it was still broken for me. I have been keeping up with the google groups talking about it and no one has found a solution yet. funny the devs keep saying we are all doing it wrong, but we aren’t.

Meanwhile i am estimating about a $300 loss for the month without my normal cross promotion house ads running plus the ability to filter out ads i don’t want doesn’t seem to work either.

I’m assuming that was a typo and you mean “Admob”?

It took about 5 days for the deposit to show up for me.

Sorry that was autocorrect… Thanks for it. I’ll look into my account then.

How about Address Verification and Phone Verification when upgrading to the new admob ? I have an Admob account that work well for a year, do i need to verify this information when upgrading to the new admob ?