mobileCore Results: Post yours

But if the app is an entertainment app like Fart sounds, then they may be interested in offer wall ads.

Non-Game apps usually won’t have the same install rate. Simple becoz the demographic is a bit different.

I’m new to mobilecore, and I have a question… can offerwalls be displayed in landscape mode? Thanks.

Yep, here are screenshots of two of our landscape walls:

landscape.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-14-14-49-09 (2).jpg

Im getting horrible results: Instatags - Likes & Followers 5944 50 0.84% $0.08 $0.47. Gonna try appnext next.

I’m thinking of removing them, giving them until the end of the weekend to show some decent results, but at the moment on an app that gets 10,000 downloads daily I’ve earned $20 in three days, compared to admob earning £210 in the same time.
The ads barely ever load, and when they do they are always the same dating/gambling ads!

It’s a shame because I am looking for a group that pays regularly to supplement my admob income and were hoping these guys were the one!

@Oates I think its only worthwhile to try mobilecore if you have games. They aint going to work on apps, although they claim they have app inventory. I haven’t an example of their appwall with Apps. Its always games

Here are the updated numbers for my game after about 1 week using it. I guess it will remain around this figure for now on:

Ad Type: Interstitial (OfferWall)
CTR: 0.65%
eCPM: $1.50

My comments: eCPM of $1.50 for interstitial is somewhat low. On AdMob I get the same to 50% more depending on the period. CTR of 0.65% is almost like a banner, which is very low for an Interstitial.

Since mC is not CPC, I dont really care much about the CTR itself, but personally the worst for me is seeing that everybody here has also a low CTR (from 0.5% to 4.0%) which clearly sets an average of 1.5% or 2.0% CTR. But they say on their homepage ( https://www.mobilecore.com/developers/ ) that their average CTR is 9.5%. That is just a blatant lie, and paves the way for other lies.

It greatly depends on when you show the wall, and how often. If it pops up every other screen, you’ll get a vastly different eCPM and CTR than if you only show it every 3 days, or even only when the user taps a “More Games” button.

Yes Im sure. But “average” takes in consideration both extremes. Im not complaining about my CTR since mC doesnt pay by click, but about the lie they tell by saying that the average CTR of the developers is 9.5% when we have a significant mass of evidence here showing a completely different average.

Hi Rottz,
Your CTR is not the other extreme, it’s worst than that and looks like a bug.

I’ve tested your app and haven’t seen the app-wall, can you tell me where exactly are you showing us?
Let’s talk further more on Skype (liorshkoori) or email ([email protected]) so we can look for an integration problem.

9.5% CTR is indeed the network’s average.

Okay so here are my results after a fairly decent week, a little background on the app and how mobilecore is called. So the app has been released for almost a month now, it’s an entertainment app/game where people get to do creative things based around a popular movie at the moment. The app has been going quite successful reaching over 100k downloads in less than 30 days, most successful day so far has been 16k downloads so it is getting plenty of traffic.
Now the way the app is structured you get a title screen where you get asked to click to continue, where it then takes you to a menu where you select what part of the app you want to go to, mobilecore is told to initiate the adwall once they have selected from that menu, so when they will be transitioning to the third screen, I believe this is more than enough time for it to load properly. Now for the results over the last 7 day period:

Impressions: 174,235
Clicks: 4452
CTR: 2.56%
ECPM: $0.69
Earnings: $119.98

Now if I compare this to my AdMob earnings in the same period for the same app using banner and interstital:

Impressions: 792,452
Clicks: 16,542
CTR: 2.09%
ECPM: $1.03
Earnings: $813.73

Demographic top 5 countries on play store:

Total Installs:

Argentina 30,570
Mexico 26,416
Brazil 6,117
US 5,873
Chile 5,670

Active Installs:
Argentina 11,246
Mexico 7,679
United States 2,378
Chile 1,968
Brazil 1,359

Google Analytic Continental Demographics of Sessions in 7 day period

Americas 144,448
Europe 19,874
Asia 10,641
Africa 2,874
Oceania 330
(not set) 68

Now with admob I will obviously get way more traffic because of the fact I have more than one ad unit for them within the ad (interstitial and banner) however it is the same click through rate. I just get a way way better CPM.
With mobilecore my average CPM has been lower than .60 in fact I usually get between .20 and .40 the earnings have been quite poor, now if they keep my CPM at the .80 it hit yesterday or better then I will hit the $200 requirement for a weekly payment. But at this point I am not sure if it is worth having, currently there ads are not always loading and they show allot of gambling / dating adds which really wont fit my target audience at all, however they have said they are looking at sorting this out by the end of the month. However if I were to take them out I believe the overall user experience of my app would improve due to less ads increasing my downloads again and possibly earning more with admob, even if it doesn’t I am still earning over $3000 a month on one app alone that I spent less than a week making.

What I’m trying to say is whilst certainly they have their benefits at this point unless they can fix the speed of ads loading as I am still having ads not load quite often whilst testing the app myself and add an maturity filter into the ads I think I may drop them.

I would say for them though that the support is great and are always polite cheerful and quick to respond.

You forgot to mention the geography of users of your app. I see that ecpm for various ad networks varies with geography. If possible, pls. split based on US, Europe,Asia,Oceana etc.

Apologies will fix in an edit for future readers. Edit: Post updated!

My result after a week with mobileCore:
Imp = 139527 Clicks = 4600 CTR = 3.30% eCPM = $1.57 Rev = $218.46

Because of new Google Policy, I switched from Leadbolt’s notification ad to mobileCore’s interstitial ad in my some games, but have not satisfied yet. I think I could earn more. Maybe integrate another ad network to some other games and compare which ad network is the best for me :D.
I’ve already reach 200$ and now waiting for the first payment from mobileCore :D.

Did you get the extra $100 for reaching 100k impressions?

I think MobileCore has a good product. Heard good things about the product and their team :slight_smile:

You will be the first and probably the only network representative (ever) that was banned on these forums.

He’s so annoying/disrespectful. A few minutes before you posted this I had reported him already also.

An ad network with that attitude can’t be good, and will attract only like-minded devs.

Not yet rottz…