Maintaining revenue

Thanks Mind.
His game looks impressive. Not impressive as he is getting many downloads and revenue. but concept, effects and uniqueness draw attention.

I totally agree with gcc. I recently read an article about this game and how much revenue the company is prepared to provide such games!This is a huge amount

Is this the game? Construction Build City?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.constructioncity.construction&hl=en

Follwing is the game on which discussion is in progress

Wow 10k-50k ~~

No, its just one of dozens copy-gays fake apps using my app name and images to attract players to download their junk (crappy version of tetris inside) all their apps are same.

oh! I think it is not going to change. I was reading google policies and they have clearly written that they themselves won’t check the content of app/game for originality. They will only take action if people complain (DMCA, Report Abuse etc.)

What is neccessary to submit a DMCA? Do you need to copywrite your app first. Or does just making the app first gives you rights to submit an DCMA? Legally I mean?

There is no copyright on game mechanics. As long as they don’t copy your art or source code one by one, there’s no legal leverage.

Anyone can submit DMCA. The authorities in question decide upon whether the DMCA is valid or not. But Google seems to approve every DMCA notice. Also sending DMCA notice is not free, you need to pay some amount for sending DMCA notice.

Google do no approve every DMCA notice. I’ve filed one before and I had to then prove I owned the work that was being used by someone else. Google did follow through, but they always require hard evidence in these cases.

Also, DMCA notices are free. They do not cost anything to submit or grant etc. Where did you get the impression that they cost?

DMCA.com charges $$:
DMCA Takedown Services - Get Stolen Content Removed

I remember @david received DMCA from apple for iphone apps, may be he can give some more inputs from offender perspective.

Ok, well I was referring to DMCAs within Google Play since that’s what we’re discussing. Here is the link to filing a DMCA on any of Google’s services (including Google Play): Report Content On Google - Legal Help

Ah! that is not DMCA. DMCA is something Digital Millennium Copyright …
So we have official DMCA, Google reports using Alkaline’s link, Abuse reports in Play store and reditt sub group.

Matthew should use these options to get rid of serious violations. You can even hire someone for this work very cheaply.

Eventually you get to this form when you follow the Google process, which indicates that you’re filing a DMCA request: Report Content for Legal Reasons - Legal Help
The website you linked is a private company that files requests on behalf of people who are too lazy to fill out a form themselves (or do not know any better).

Well, they are copying his images from his Construction City game directly. Does he have a legal case against this? Or do you have to copyright the images first? How do all the big companies like disney, who submit lots DCMA’s do it? I’m sure they copyright their app names and images? Or is this trademarks?

In that case, he has a claim. No need to formally copyright anything, copyright is always automatically in effect.

Those apps were already 2 times on Reddit and I alone filled this Google form like week ago, but do not expect quick response (if any)

Those apps are all the same rubbish, using my images/game name/studio name/package/video etc.

buy them bad ratings !!!
goodle is an organized mafia, all they want is money while protecting their back, they let spam apps live few weeks or months, make some good income and then suspend, i dont think apps spamming you will last very long : i liked your game and wish th WORST to your spammers :wink:

Google is not “organized” mafia… Why would they earn money from those fake apps? The fake apps do not cost money and I am pretty sure they do not use admob because of the verification system.