Guys what would you like to ask app users? Help as create A MMWA survey for 5k users!

I can not be sure, that there exist a survey for the user at his location, at that time. Am I wrong? )

But it is true, that it is better to use polfish, instead of incentive downloads. 30 cents for just a survey, while it is in most cases at least 2 incentive downloads + then running + then deleting. As I said, in a nice game with high user engagement + high session duration polfish would be nice.

Oh ok! Yes that is true! Surveys start and stop at anytime as survey creators come and go to the platform. So yes in small sessions during a day there is a possibility to not see a survey, but if there is a survey available, the developer will get a good credit for that. Anyway Pollfish concept is to be used along with other ad netowks as a supplementary source of revenue. So developers just boost their revenue when surveys are available :slight_smile:

Did the users receive any compensation for answering this survey?

Hey @BaksaiApps. It is easy to understand how it works. Just have a look on the survey live on your device. Try though any Pollfish enabled app like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.habanero.quizoid. Translated versions will be live in an hour.

I got it :wink:

I was asking to better understand the results of the poll. It must be considered that all these people were willing to answer a survey, so they are probably more tolerant to ads than regular users.

Yes , maybe this is true, since they are willing to answer a survey their more tolerant to ads :slight_smile:

Other languages are live too:

Spanish (credit to @BaksaiApps) - target locale es
https://www.pollfish.com/results/survey/710/1359554919/all#.UzApWq2Sw7l

Arabic (credit to @hanfoosh) - target locale ar
https://www.pollfish.com/results/survey/709/-1786602947/all#.UzAoJK2Sw7l

Malay (credit to @WNASH )- target locale my
https://www.pollfish.com/results/survey/711/-1216242361/all#.UzApUa2Sw7l

@andreasv
Are you sure the survey is working for the locals? Because it click on any of the links and page is all empty. Not sure if anyone is seeing the same

Thank you

Hey @hanfoosh. There was mistake in copy paste. I edited my post, so please have a look on the links. Links are listed on first page of this topic too!

Hey guys,

I would like to some up a few conclusions we can make based on the results of MMWA survey:

1. Only 23.7% of the users are frustrated with ads within the apps! That is a quite impressive result since everyone should expect the majority of users to answer that they are frustrated.
  2. 63.2% have uninstalled an app in the past due to overuse of ads! This is a quite expected result and percentage was expected to be much higher though!
  3. In the most tolerant ad format, Banner Ads and Surveys are the winners and Video ads come third.
  4. In the question What is the most preferable task you would complete to remove ads from your app, only 15,2% stated that would never complete a task to remove ads. So the conclusion here is that the majority of users are willing to take an action to remove ads from their app. The most preferable task here were answering a survey or downloading an app!
  5. The things that users pay more attention before downloading an app are reviews, rating and description of the app!
  6. Only 17.1 % stated that a developer does not deserve to get some money for his time creating the app!
  7. When an app crashes 25.6 % never use the app again! 18,3% give a bad review and 21,2% contact the developer!
  8. 34,2% when they like an app they will recommend it to a friend! Word of mouth still rocks here!
  9. 1 out of 2 would pay to buy a paid version for an app he liked!
  10. almost 1 out of 4 would not respond to a developer reaching back after a bad review!

Now if we compare results with the same survey for spanish speaking people some differentiations can be noted:

1. The more tolerant ad format is ads on exit of app ads then video ads and banner ads follow.
  2. When asked to perform a task to remove ads, the most preferable ones are download an app or watch a video ad!
  3. One of the most important things they pay attention before downloading an app is screenshots!!!
  4. When an app crashed almost 1 out of 2 will never use the app again!
  5. Almost 6 out of 10 would not pay for an ad-free version of an app

For the same survey for arabic speaking people some differentiations can be noted:

1. The more tolerant ad format are ads on exit of app ads and video ads.
  2. 30.7% would not perform any task to remove ads from the app and 34.4% would download an app to remove ads!
  3. 20.8% pay more attention to screenshots before downloading an app!
  4. 62.3% would buy an ad free version of an app

The Malay survey did not attract that many responses so I will not compare results.

This is a first glance on the results! Really looking for your comments on that to start a discussion! :slight_smile:

Really thankful for your work here @andreasv as I’m sure many others are :slight_smile:

The results are quite interesting, but like someone has already said, the users who chose to answer this survey are more likely to be tolerant of ads.
This may have made some of the results biased to a degree…

Either way very insightful!

Wow very interesting summary. Something like that should reach the press or something. I am very surprised that people preferred surveys for an ad format. Also since Spanish and Arabic speakers both preferred screenshots to judge an app, it tells me that most non English speakers will follow the “picture worth 1000 words” path. Gotta work on screenshots more

Hey @A1ka1inE! I agree with you 100%. Since these users decided to take a survey they are more probably more tolerant with ads! So yes I also believe that these results are a little bit bias, but let’s make the most out of them since after all its opinion we did not have before! :slight_smile:

Hey @hanfoosh! I like your conclusion, “Gotta work on screenshots more” - That was what the survey was all about :slight_smile: I will most probably create an infographic upon these results with all the conclusions visualised when time is available!

Hey guys as promised, we created an infographic for our survey created within the forum. Any feedback is welcome! Thanks again for everyone here participated.

Developers Survey.jpg You can check it out here.