Google new app approval process

I’m interested to see which type of violations are addressed like this (With a rejection instead of a suspension)… Please share guys

Glad they are doing the approval process now. Much better than suspending. The question is, does a rejection count as a strike against Google account?or is this theory no longer applicable

Does anyone has more information regarding this?? It’s new from yesterday and to all devopers?

my app be approved 2 hours later after submition

They are still suspending for some things (in this case kw ‘spam’)… read here…

http://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/comments/2w6uq1/google_play_now_reviews_apps/cooijrl

I kinda like this new approval process from google. Yesterday i tried uploading a new app on the play store, but after 1 hr approx i got a mail from google that app is rejected coz of following reason. In the mail they also mentioned what i was doing wrong that is against their policies and included an example as well for me to understand what is acceptable. I made the changes accordingly and reuploaded the app for approval and after 30 mins approx my app was approved and live on play store. So no suspensions thankfully which would have happened previously in the old process.

I am a beginner and reading through the thread gave me relief that things are moving in good direction. Thanks for sharing

can u provide the rejected message , and what kind of app did u upload ? thx

Whose going to be that brave guy that tries to update apps on a older account they are no longer using because of strikes?
I don’t want to be the guinea pig.

Done. I just updated an app on my dev account with 2 strikes.

It was just an apk update, no listing change, but I did notice gray “update pending” text in top right corner + the standard warning icon next to package name.

I accidentally (not really) hit “unpublish” link, for a second I thought a dialog would appear asking me to confirm so i wanted to see how it looks and works, to my surprise the dialog did not show up so my app went unpublished for a minute, I published it immediately back on and thought I just screwed myself and that google will now check the listing+screenshots too, but no, the old version was published and my listing stayed on the market while the new apk was in “pending” status.

Anyways, long story short, I updated the apk just fine and new version is now live in Google Play.

I can’t say anything about a completely new app or updating listing/screenshots though. I will try this in the next few weeks within my further localization and expansion into new markets.

woow u r brave man congratulation

Wow you are brave man. Thanks for the feedback. I would really like to know if there still suspending people or just denying apps from now on though. I’ll keep waiting around for more brave people like you lol. Knowing you won’t have to worry about losing everything in your next update would be great.
That chain reaction suspension across all accounts would be a B.
You wasn’t worried about that?

I actually had no other accounts, so it was either update or start a new one for me :slight_smile:

thanks

repost:
They are still suspending for some things (in this case kw ‘spam’)… read here…

http://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/c...s_apps/cooijrl

It’s like living atop a volcano :slight_smile:

When the 3rd strike comes, you will most likely have a few days before the hammer drops. If I had to do it again, I’d try to transfer some apps.

haha for sure. i actually read that reddit as well, i was pretty paranoid to update anything right now.

would you suggest transfering apps over to a new account and try not geting a ban? do you think they will scan the apps during the transfer, and should I register a new account on a new person, or same person as the old account?

I transferred everything except my subscription apps because Google doesn’t transfer those.

I handle that account remotely since mine has 2 strikes. I never log into. I talk to the devs, I check and update the apps then I email them to my friend to upload.

I got another suspension on this new account, not sure why but it did not effect my main account. :slight_smile:

My highest grossing apps I’m scared to touch but they surely need a update :banghead:

The 3 strike “rule” is not absolute. I have an account with 3 strikes and still standing

What strikes? I got a total of 6 (2 apps at a time) spread over 4 years

1. Malware/no compete
  2. excessive keywords
  3. IP infringement

Also a few 7 day and 30 day warnings for various things

I wish I could answer for sure. Either way, they are going to scan them eventually or introduce some new rule in the future.
Do you have paid apps? If so, it’s a lot more of a hassle. You can be up and running with a free only (non-merchant) account in a 3rd world country in a day or so.