Exit Ads and new GP Policy

So far my Apps are still alive… but I am slowly updating them removing Exit Ads just in case.

my experience that happened to me in the last 2 weeks: was using admob interstitial on exit, inside the app in one activity and admob banner. Got an email from admob saying that serving ads was disabled in my app due to some layout issues(a regular email when you have no idea what exactly you need to fix).
My exit interstitial was working this way: user is in main activity => he clicks on device’s back button => an interstitial appears => the user ignores the interstitial and he still remains in the main activity => the user clicks again the back button and the app closes.
So I thought to try my luck and add an exit dialog(“Are you sure you want to exit?”) after the interstitial is closed…so I made an appeal to admob and they have re-enabled serving ads to my app.
Based on this case I think exit ads are not forbidden but your user needs to know what is happening in your app.
Please don’t take my experience for granted, because admob and google play are still somehow different companies operating under different policies.

… Google did way more for Android than you and me and lot of developers…
Keep it in mind. Android without apps can be used. In the opposite it would be hard to run an app without the OS, isn’t it ?

Exit ads are an horrible user experience (and may create memory problems). This kind of ads is one of the reason of the use of ad blocker.
So please, advertise your app properly and everybody will be able to earn money.
Thx

Is that a good reason why Google can’t make their policies clear? is that a good reason why Google support team can’t answer questions directly instead of simply quoting their very generic policy and let users guess?
No, it’s not a good reason.

Exactly.
This is their policy.

Ads that are triggered by the home button or other features explicitly designed for exiting the app.

The home button is clearly made to exit the app.
The back button not.

I am sure they will find a way to make this policy somehow.
It is their store and their rules.

If you make money off ads they have no profit in that.
They want your iAP, they get a cold 30%.
They don’t care about you or me or any user experience.
Such a monopoly.

And for Mister Wob, I guess you did not receive any unknown strike from the mighty Google.
Don’t worry you will.

Because you blocked exit. Your users got no clue he need to press back buttons again to exit the app. Adding a dialog is much better, and thus admob accepted it.

I have stopped showing interstitials on exit now and adjusted them on app start with the help of loading screen. Though its huge loss, but can not be done anything.

Wait… i have few apps in which i need to turn in the WiFi automatically on app start. Does it against new policies of Google?

Sorry to say but…

• As i know admob has given links showing proper gif animationd of do’s and don’t ad samples.

• why they do not reply to developers?
    I am not aware of how many developers are active and pulishing on Google market. But there must be big numbers. So i think replying one by one is tedious task and follow up will be more complex. Moreover when half of the queries are either repetitive or baseless.

I have enough of this to be honest. Last year all I do is update, update, update because of Google changes. And today another updates to do - one because of MoPub SDK, second because apparently using ACRA is now not allowed. I will remove exit ads at the same time. And push more for making games on other platforms - I will dedicate more time for iOS and Steam.

My back hurts from the long hours, I am afraid to read e-mails with another warnings, developing for Andorid is becoming like a torture for me. Maybe it’s time to call it quits.

I got my admob ads stopped 2 times because of exit ads 4 months ago and i removed them and adjusted in the app start. I made appeal after correction and they resumed the ads within 24 hours. That was the best part and made me think that they respond quickly to the appeals if they are done in time and as per rules.

But afterall its their market and their rule.
Unfortunately following their rules is the last option irrespective of how genuine those policiy quites are.

Sorry to say that.

• Yes, AdMob have clear rules and images to show without any doubts that Exit Ads are not allowed on AdMob Network.
    But this has nothing to do with Google Play policies. Google Play policy is not clear enough at the moment to understand if Interstitials on backpress when exiting the App are allowed or not.

• They wouldn’t need to reply every developer questions if their own Policy was clear with many examples. Then sending a link to such a detailed policy would be enough.
    Anyway if a Developer asked for a really particular/different situation not contemplated in the Policy, then the Support team should really consider forwarding such case to superiors to address this situation and modify the Policy accordingly.

So far i received 2 ad suspension(may be exit ads) from admob and 1 app suspension (Name of the app was misleading to famous brand) from google.

Both were closed gracefully.

Any news on this? Most of my Apps still have exit ads at the moment.

So far I had no problem with exit ad with listner in 1m + downloads apps in playstore…I am using exit app for this app only removed other apps exit ads… This app is in different account…So far is nothing and eCpm is good…I am using mediation admob,FAN and heyzap

I have removed exit ads (AppBrain), but it costs me a bit too much. I will probably bring them back in next update.

I think Appbrain is safer than conventional exit ads.

Why are they safer?

It shows a yes no dialog like do you want to try new app before showing the exit ads.

If only it worked as it should but I had AppBrain show the ad without asking a lot of times. And without close button. I use maybeShowInterstitial method.

Maybe you should contact their support. Currently I didn’t use any Appbrain ads, so I am not sure about this.