Delay with Publishing

I don’t care about what a individual says. My fight is with spammers here. Any spammer is the same for me.
I understand all the spammers are frustrated these days with lost revenue and are trying to get personal, It only gives me more energy as spammers get frustrated :).

I am enjoying every bit of it, including name calling. Bring it on spammers :slight_smile:

Mum didn’t love you, david should ban you, troll … i am not spammer but I have competitors and everybody can take down competitors in few hours… think before write, idiot

I would not advise anyone to reveal their app name if they don’t want to - billyh resorting to that to shut up folks complaining about Google is not contributing anything - and needlessly combatitive.

What spurs him to such vitriol ? As his focus seems to be “spammer, spammer, spammer …” - which is usually NOT the main issue for developers (regarding other apps on App Store). So his motivations are coming totally out of left field for a developer.

However, they seem much more aligned if you imagine a Google employee having to juggle with apps and primarily with how to kick out junk apps from Google Play Store.

I could reveal my competitor’s apps to billyh pretending they are mine,… then billyh will report those apps. That’s just an evily tricky idea… :smiley: :smiley:

I have noticed many of the apps people post about here (new apps) - show up as “not available” when one clicks on their provided link - so there is perhaps a huge delay happening in posting.

It is possible that Google has extended the “time-to-live” period for new apps (not doing so for old apps would make sense - as those are presumably apps which have been vetted by users with high downloads/ratings etc.). The problem (for Google) is with new apps - and this might be their effort to automate (or bring closer to Apple’s App Store curation process).

The point many have made about EXACT KEYWORDS not showing the app - would make sense from a Google optimization strategy (since Google Play has large numbers of apps which ride piggyback on other apps names - like Angry Birds or Temple Run).

If there IS a change as people suspect here - then it maybe a tuning down of the TITLE’s importance in the search results. HOWEVER, it leads to some unexpected results - for example I found an app for a keyword which seemed like a non-match - and looking through that app’s Description, I could not find the keyword there (maybe it was in some comments etc. ?) - this suggested to me that Google is now experimenting with some type of search result presentation that is LESS keyword-specific and MORE conceptual or ballpark-related type of artificial intelligence stuff. This would explain how an app which is conceptually similar but not exactly and not by Title/Description winds up in the search results.

As “danixp” suggests above - this info maybe being gathered from clustering of types of apps that users are using - so search results maybe returning some apps which are VERY HEAVILY correlated with other apps - so some of results maybe keyword related but if some app has a very heavy correlation it maybe being shown also (as likely to be of interest to users interested in the other keyword-related apps there). This would be similar and perhaps a NATURAL progression for Google to take. Though it would make SEO/ASO optimization harder to judge for developers.

Since this type of inclusion WOULD REQUIRE that that app be heavily correlated with other apps - that REQUIRES that the app have a history on the app store - so this type of inclusion would favor OLDER APPS. In a way this would mirror what happens on Apple App Store - where older apps are given more weight - newer apps which look very much like an older app (as I understand it) can sometimes be rejected for being copycat apps. Perhaps this is Google’s way of (in an automated way) of doing the same thing - i.e. reward the older apps ??

I don’t know what happened… my app is video player with some rare name, even using name I can’t find it. In “other developer apps” I can see it and when searching package, also visible. Only name or keywords :expressionless: I haven’t any ads in app, any SDK so… :expressionless: strange

His new name is Brolly and we should just constantly report all his shitposting…
ANYWAY it is not just new apps taking a while to show up, 2/3 days before it all started happening uploaded a new app, started nice and strong 300+ downloads a day in the first 3 day’s then literally as soon as all these problems started to happen it plummeted to 60 or less a day.
Absolutely ridiculous I don’t have time to work on apps that are going to do fuck all for me financially, and I don’t have the capital saved to run an advertising campaign on release. What the hell are they playing at?

Well, I have not released new apps for a while - however, I have noted that many of the “new apps” posted here on this forum are often NOT SEARCHABLE by their EXACT NAME.

This I had attributed to some delay in having that trickle down through Google algorithm stuff - so maybe take 2-3 days for it to become searchable that way.

However with old apps, I have seen that changing title may take like 1-2 days - but then the app DOES start to appear in the search results for those new keywords.

EDIT: UNLESS the keyword is so “generic” or common that there is considerable pressure from competing apps to appear at the top - in which case the app DOES appear low in the search results (but it WILL appear). Maybe that has changed (?)

Uploaded App 5 days back and Its still not published. Going directly to the URL also shows this app does not exist. Crazy.

Is this issue fixed for others or your apps are still unpublished/not found?

My apps are publishing just coming up at over 100+ in the search results like even when I search for the app name they come up behind apps of no relevance.

Did a grand theft auto cheat app, piano apps are coming up before it.

Sorry for the off-topic - but how you monetize it? IAP or is it paid app? Or you show no ads until you have many active users?

not monetized…clean app, free

I’m just wondering if there is anyway we can unify as a group and get our voices heard about this because it is a pretty big deal and it’s really effecting developers new and old.
To be honest it looks to have come in at the same time as whatever they did with youtube, and you know what, I wonder if it is pushing apps further up if they have been google+'d.

Either way we need to get something done, as I said earlier at the moment it really is no benefit to me to release new apps unless I re-release like literally ten times to get the same downloads as I was getting before.
People are up in arms on reddit at the moment about the new youtube stuff and they are also on googles support pages.
Noticed that they took ours away? I have no idea now how to access a google support forum for the play store.

Anybody any ideas on how we can push this further?

Wow looks like “your friend” brought fake ratings now?
Yesterday it had 2 reviews and 7 google pluses. Today it went to 27 reviews and 8 google pluses. I assume you bought one of 25 fake ratings package?

Remember that all these things are stored. You will see result of these illegal activities some day.

Show us yours…

I know i made enough enemies here. I know there are scum and copy cats here.
If you disagree feel free to post your apps.

link to billyh’s apps:
https://play.google.com/store

yes - the whole play store. he probably works for Google and is here to piss us all off. Just ignore him

You’re being a real hypocrite right now…
“Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones”

Yes all google employees are trolling you spammers :slight_smile:

Like said there are copycats and spammers here. I have no interest in helping them.
If you disagree and think most people here are not copycats and spammers, feel free to post your apps.