Airpush is a liar company.

The problem is you are not providing any info to help them out either - it is no wonder they grasp at anything that would make their effort viable.

The issues you argue for are user issues - much better put from a user side. The problem is you are arguing it to developers WITHOUT providing either any more clarity or provide any better alternative, some studies of how admob banner ads alone are FAR better than all the other stuff or whatever …

For this reason your criticism is ineffective - some of that anger would be better directed at Google which actively encourages a “drive-by” approach - perhaps because it’s own model is ad-based.

Google has not bothered to structure it’s payment models - Apple Play Store has far better coverage for paid apps. That said, the markets are different (with Google taking over the lower end of the market - thus perhaps their emphasis on ad as “perhaps” being the solution - since paid won’t work with the poorer masses).

You are arguing about things to developers - yet there are far bigger structural issues at play which you fail to credit as the REASON for why the android ecosystem is in such chaos (some of it is created chaos - as Google is not yet sure which models will work - so let them try them all out).

Some of the things you criticize are as much a RESULT of the environment created by Google.

Unless you think badmouthing developers one by one is a better way to reform the Google ecosystem.
So it would be FAR more convincing - since you are on this quest to reform developers - to ALSO tell them about the RIGHT way to do it and how that can be profitable ?

Do you agree ?

All that said, I do agree that the Google environment has left open the opportunity to expose the public to the manipulations of developers and advertisers etc. - often users are not informed enough to know what is better - however if you inform them they may be just as likely to respond to you that they like push ads as long as they can get their apps for free (what will you say then) - so obviously the user space is fragmented - all sorts of users with different standards.

This has naturally created an environment where it is far more profitable to launch many apps (each with some downloads) - and in a way to game the system. And if Google clamps down - then to create more accounts.

The problem with the righteousness of Google is that we have seen cases here of seemingly reasonable apps (Nealo and David) being banned from admob etc. - so there developers are working under a system where ALL the risk is theirs - PLUS they are prone to Google shutdowns without adequate communications.

So in many ways developers are the victims of Google policies.

But I do understand that there probably are people who do make money with many many apps of lower quality - however you should understand that situation is ALSO created by Google (by just requiring $25 fee - they wanted to populate their app store fast perhaps … ?).

Some have asked for a per-app charge to cut down on such efforts. Such a thing may work - but those with hundreds of apps - could surely pay even that. And if you make it $500 per app - it will cut out a HUGE percentage of the startup developers.

So I ask you why doesn’t Google work on a micro-payment solution - and have all apps be paid apps ? And remove ads altogether ?

The reason is Google ITSELF wants the whole system to run on ads of one type or other ! It is a search company running on ad revenue.

Perhaps a few articles by you criticizing Google and the policies which could be changed would place some of your other criticism in context and not look so bad to some here.

If there are developers here seeking out new google accounts - I don’t blame them.

You are correct there probably are folks who are working on a system that manipulates the way apps are discovered, or how users interact with apps - and they need new accounts to offset legitimate bannings by Google.

However, you are not going to get much sympathy here for that argument when you see cases of people being banned for no evident reason.

Not only that - in your own communication you see it very clearly - that SHOULD you have an issue like that in the future, you have NO clear sense of how to contact Google or get “satisfaction”.

That is not the case with many of these ad networks - so I hope you will not mind if many developers start to have much better opinion of the ad networks (rather than Google). And the fact that they are getting food on the table from those ad networks probably doesn’t hurt that opinion either.

From your language, I would guess that you have not had an issue with Google yet (or are optimistic that you never will - i.e. ignorance is fueling your black/white view of the situation) - or have never tried to contact Google. Perhaps you have special links into Google which solve your issues for you - but that facility is not available to most developers.

What would help improve the situation - i.e. more positive to Google and their revenue-to-developer schemes - and more hostile to the “evil” ad networks would be if Google were to start becoming more proactive with developer issues - instead of just treating them as fodder to drive the app mania on their app stores (Google being very much part of that - the problem arises when those developers demand payment for that effort and Google is not able to come up with cash with just it’s Admob banner ads - Google DOESN’T even have an INTERSITIAL ad network open for use yet ! - it is by invitation - probably the outcome of a bad ad inventory).

No worries here guys, everyone has a right to their own opinion, however, popular consensus is that the users detest out of app ads but there is no point in making an argument because the incentive to use is greater than the desire to please the customer. So until Google bans which I do believe they will ban all 3rd party notification and icon ads we will all be using these invasive ads as purely a means of quick income. This is coming from someone who uses these ads.

Hello everyone,
Today i have this “admin approval needed” message when i want to login to airpush account.
I have send Phil my account info, hope this will not take more time, more time is more money… and honestly i don’t think i did something wrong so i can be banned like this.