Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Old Adsense account + new Admob account = BANNED

Just a warning for anyone who is considering upgrading to the new Admob, there seems to be a significant risk if you also have an Adsense account.

I never thought it would happen to me because I play by the rules, but today I noticed that I couldn't access my Admob account anymore (apps.admob.com, interestingly the old Admob account still works), no ads were being served, and in my inbox there was an email that my Adsense account had been disabled.

So, back in the day I had a failed blog (< $200 lifetime Adsense income) that I now no longer update. It still get about 20 visitors a day and a couple of clicks per month. Now, the account ban email I received only references my Adsense account, but since Adsense and Admob are now linked, both accounts are affected.
    The only reason for the ban that I can see is that Google doesn't like "stale" and unoriginal blogs using Adsense. But it's extremely harsh that this would now also affect my Admob account, with five figure downloads and an average user rating of 4.5? Maybe the Google fraud detection algorithm noticed the revenue on my joint account, but only looked at the Adsense impression and determined the clicks were invalid?

In any case, I advise against upgrading to the new Admob platform, it seems there are still some issues to iron out. At the very least, if you have any weird Adsense stuff going on, get it sorted out before upgrading.

I appealed, but I don't have much hope. I'll probably have to move to a different ad platform, though updating all the apps will be a pain. Until today, I held Google and Admob in highest regards. Now I'm just disappointed.

2. Likes jamesgates1 liked this post
    Thanks Magnesus thanked for this post
    Official Company Representative
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurry View Post
    Just a warning for anyone who is considering upgrading to the new Admob, there seems to be a significant risk if you also have an Adsense account.

I never thought it would happen to me because I play by the rules, but today I noticed that I couldn't access my Admob account anymore (apps.admob.com, interestingly the old Admob account still works), no ads were being served, and in my inbox there was an email that my Adsense account had been disabled.

So, back in the day I had a failed blog (< $200 lifetime Adsense income) that I now no longer update. It still get about 20 visitors a day and a couple of clicks per month. Now, the account ban email I received only references my Adsense account, but since Adsense and Admob are now linked, both accounts are affected.
    The only reason for the ban that I can see is that Google doesn't like "stale" and unoriginal blogs using Adsense. But it's extremely harsh that this would now also affect my Admob account, with five figure downloads and an average user rating of 4.5? Maybe the Google fraud detection algorithm noticed the revenue on my joint account, but only looked at the Adsense impression and determined the clicks were invalid?

In any case, I advise against upgrading to the new Admob platform, it seems there are still some issues to iron out. At the very least, if you have any weird Adsense stuff going on, get it sorted out before upgrading.

I appealed, but I don't have much hope. I'll probably have to move to a different ad platform, though updating all the apps will be a pain. Until today, I held Google and Admob in highest regards. Now I'm just disappointed.
    Sorry to hear that and thanks for the note. I'm sure this will be a good tip/warning/heads up for other developers here.

Hope everything gets sorted for you and Admob realizes that it perhaps made a mistake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Thanks for the information. I will have to remove my old adsense account before moving to new admob then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The title of this thread is misleading. It should be "stale adsense + new admob account = ban". If you are sending minimum 200-300 impressions to adsense per day, it shouldn't be a problem.
    If you have stale adsense account then not updating to new admob for now is a not a long term solution as every is bound to be forced to update to new admob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that @Skurry.

I actually have an Adsense account that I use to monetize my demo videos of my apps. I'm on the new Admob now and the accounts are linked etc, but I haven't had any problems.

I wouldn't go putting everyone off the new Admob, as it is actually very beneficial over the old one in my opinion.

Also, and please don't take this the wrong way, but you don't even know why you were banned. You're just making guesses in your post, when you should really have contacted Admob/Adsense first to get the actual reason for the ban, instead of coming here and complaining and putting people off something that will probably benefit them.
    I'm sure if you are getting 5 figure downloads then you would have contacted them.

You're either not stating the reason you were banned, or you haven't had a reply yet.

I understand it must be frustrating and you are probably feeling angry, but I'm sure if you just get in contact with them you'll at least be able to see why you were banned, if not resolve the problem.

I've heard stories of Admob banning people randomly, but they wouldn't ban someone over an account upgrade for no reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Google is notorious for not telling you the reason for disabling your account.

Because we have a need to protect our proprietary detection system, we're unable to provide our publishers with any information about their account activity, including any web pages, users, or third-party services that might have been involved.
    So I can only speculate about the reason. Of course I appealed, but it can take weeks until I get an answer, and even then it will only be a "yes" or "no" email. What I'm trying to say in my original post is that upgrading your Admob account increases your chance of getting it disabled, because then your Adsense activity comes into play. If you make a mistake in one (even when the "mistake" is just to neglect your blog), you lose both. I think that's a bit heavy handed.

8. Likes javaexp, Magnesus, adforandroidapps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurry View Post
    Google is notorious for not telling you the reason for disabling your account.

So I can only speculate about the reason. Of course I appealed, but it can take weeks until I get an answer, and even then it will only be a "yes" or "no" email. What I'm trying to say in my original post is that upgrading your Admob account increases your chance of getting it disabled, because then your Adsense activity comes into play. If you make a mistake in one (even when the "mistake" is just to neglect your blog), you lose both. I think that's a bit heavy handed.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say Google as a whole, but more their Admob team. Regarding Google Play accounts for instance, many people on this forum have been given exact reasons for disabling or their app(s)/account(s) and in some cases the chance to correct said violation.

Nevertheless, if that's their actual response then that's really pathetic. I really think it comes down to who actually personally answers your e-mail etc. I've had really gracious support from Google and Admob in the past, and other times really horrific.

What was your blog about?

If you didn't deserve the ban, then I hope you get a resolution at some point!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Yes, the email basically just said that my account was disabled for "invalid activity", and that they can't tell me any specifics, but that I can appeal. I would quote it here, but my language preferences were set to German, so I received the email in German. But it matches what many other people received.

My blog was just user generated "Rage cartoons", people would make them themselves, email them to me, and I'd post them. I can see that it's not the best quality content, but at least it's original and not spam. The Daily Rage

The other possibility is that I was banned for some Admob violations in my apps, but now that the two systems are merged, the email template still only talks about Adsense? I had just sent one of my apps to Amazon, and I know that they mess with the app signature, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

The funny thing is that I just cashed out my lifetime earnings of $168 with Adsense in July. My "old" Admob account still show $130 balance, I wonder if that will be deposited, given that this account is still accessible. In my disabled account I only had $40, but that was growing by $5-10 per day. So I'm only a small fish, but it's still annoying.

So now it's time to look for a new ad network. I was thinking going Amazon first (manual mediation), then MoPub and their mediation second. I'm looking for something reputable and stable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Now only pray your developer account is not banned because of secret invalid activities which only google knows. Google is notorious for such things and they care about big names (the likes of Angry Birds, Whatsapp etc.)

Let me tell you humbly that stop expecting any manual reply. You will only receive automated reply with that much of earnings.

12. Likes adforandroidapps liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Skurry, I am in the same situation as you, Google has disabled my ADSENSE account affecting my ADMOB account.

But in my case I never had an adsense account and I've never used a banner on websites or blogs, so I don't know why they disabled "my" adsense account.

In my case, I've been using admob for 8 MONTHS without problems...4 days ago I have updated my admob account, and now I am ****ed literally. After received the email my ads are not appearing and I can not access to apps.admob.com...

I've also filled out the appeal form, but....the days are passing, I am losing money, I am very depressed, and I don't know what to do....

I am also thinking about looking for other platform, but maybe, if I stop using admob, they will be not able to study my case...what are you thinking? are you going to migrate to other platform or wait for google response?

14. Likes adforandroidapps, Magnesus liked this post