Old Adsense account + new Admob account = BANNED

Thanks skurry, I found also this thread looking for people in the same case that us.

I have an app with more than 500k downloads, every day I have 4k-5k new users, I can not understand why google has closed my account instead a warnning or something. They have to know that my app is not an spam application, it has a rate >4.3 points so, in my oppinion they have to see that info before close an account… but instead of that, they are closing accounts only because an algorithm…

Now, I see all this other stories and loosing all expectative in recover my admob account…

If they uncover how they discovered some illegal activity then scum-developers will not make same mistake again. The only problem with Google is communication or more precise their rejection to review ban.

We have had a brief back and forth in the past and I was quick to determine that it was a useless one since we can’t even agree on the definition of ‘Spam’.

You have the right to your opinion and I respect that. But I find it to my responsibility to tell you that you’re using the term ‘Spam’ very loosely.

So to defend our position, as unsuccessful as it may be with you, I’d like to say that SendDroid does NOT spam NOR relies on spam to build business. We respect our developers and their users.

All companies who have representatives here on this forum respect their developers (at least on paper).

But Admob doesn’t have any representative why? Bcoz they have already have a brand name to get developers for their advertisers.

Yes spam is very loose term.

It’s getting more bizarre. I just logged into my old Admob account to check if there was a payment being issued, and I see that my ads started running again yesterday and accumulating earnings in my old Admob account.

So this is either
[ol]
[li]A bug where when a new Admob account gets disabled, it will inadvertently make old Admob ad unit work again
[/li][li]Google found that there is an issue with the fraud detection algorithm in the new Admob, and as a damage mitigation enabled the old ad units again
[/li][/ol]

My money is on (1). Let’s see how long this lasts. Good thing I haven’t updated all my ad unit IDs yet. Weirdly, only interstitials seem to be working.

culebrins, can you check your old Admob?

Glad you caught a break man!

FYI you never needed to update your App IDs. It all runs fine either way.

Thanks. But I think it’s only a matter of time until my old account gets disabled as well and all the earnings are frozen. I’m just glad that my users still have an incentive to remove ads by purchase.

Meanwhile I’m working on implementing MoPub. I should have done that in the first place, and I wouldn’t be as devastated by the Admob ban. Plus, awesome capabilities to run house ads! Though I still feel that mediation will always have its little problems, and that going native is much more robust.

Community decides what is spam or what is NOT spam, android community clearly says that push/icon and in general out-of-app ads are spam. Community gives very low ratings on apps that uses this type of ads and developers that choose this way often reports high uninstall rates.

Let me google that for you

Very well.

I’d love to continue this discussion with you but David, the Forum Admin, has previously very politely asked that we don’t bicker about it.

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Didn’t you build your business by spamming developers first? I remember receiving email every single single week from you guys (Chandler).
A Developer email exist on app for their customers to contact the developer not for you guys to spam us.
Obviously companies who use Push and Icon ads has very low ethics and we all know that.

FYI: I am only questioning you directly because you tried to spread FUD about a competitor (Admob in this case) while you maintain lower ethics than what they does. Yes google does mistakes too but based on my experience 99.5% they are right.

What’s your problem man? I mean seriously. All that hatred can’t be healthy. I feel sorry for you.

I don’t feel sorry for the scum who spam their users.

I sense excess hostility towards the third-party ad networks - that is surely understandable from the point of view of users.

But why such hostility when you have the option to NOT use them.

It seems your hostility is stemming from your role as user, rather than as developer.

As a developer if other apps are using “bad” ad networks - this should trouble me not as greatly since I have option to not use them - further your competitors will be using ad networks which are going to get their users to dump their apps and use yours.

So I fail to see the hostility towards the third party ad networks - and the great forgiveness expressed for Admob.

Didn’t someone else start the thread about Admob - why so sensitive about Admob - after all it is just another ad network ? Right ?

Do you defend say an AppFlood or another such network as readily ?

Personally I don’t mind these other networks - if I don’t think their ad formats fit into what I would want to expose users to, I avoid them. However, I value that there are folks working to create options for developers - some of which may initially verge on being problematic. Sometimes these ad networks morph into something “better” as they hone their skills.

As a developer I would like there to be MORE such ad networks - I might not use them all initially, but their presence provides innovation, and I have the luxury of picking and choosing the parts that I do find acceptable for our apps.

EDIT: For example I have avoided using Airpush because they used to have an integrated SDK - now they have separated it out into a non-push SDK version. I plan to use that with other AppWall options etc. I don’t like push ads - but if Airpush AppWall works ok, that would be a welcome addition to the universe of possibilities for developers. Maybe Sendroid will do the same and have a non-push AppWall option later - in which case I might use that also.

I think the “scum” you are referring to are the developers who push out apps which include intrusive ad networks.

The ad networks just provide plugins for developers - and developers have a choice.

The only negative with ad networks is:

• new ones promise excessive eCPMs to acquire critical mass with developers - however developers have gotten careful about this and understand that there are real limitations about how much certain types of ads can deliver
  • some ad types are not evaluatable by developers from their locations (as suggested in another thread here - a youtube channel showing current ads showing for an ad network in different places would be great)
  • ad networks that have a test mode - which shows real ads instead of dummy ones (why not just show a real ad)
  • sometimes the ad networks may gloss over the negatives with using their ad format - perhaps naive developers may be unwitting users of that (that is why forums such as this are so important - they keep the ad networks honest by providing a critical mass of developers to flock together)

EDIT:

• new ad networks without backing could go out of business and unable to pay what’s due to developers

You are too funny.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Google is as guilty of this as others - they are after all the originator of ads based on e-mail CONTENTS (!)

Talk about intrusive advertising !

And what about the super secure e-mail service called gmail - which everyone with half a brain knew was not secure - now being conceded by Google in court docs that they are not secure.

So the scum can be walking the halls of a big corporation as well as a small startup - and be among developers as well.

PLEASE, this thread is to talk about admob disabled accounts in the new version, if someone wants to discuss about spam from other platforms, you should create another thread and not use this one.

It’s getting more bizarre. I just logged into my old Admob account to check if there was a payment being issued, and I see that my ads started running again yesterday and accumulating earnings in my old Admob account.

So this is either
A bug where when a new Admob account gets disabled, it will inadvertently make old Admob ad unit work again
Google found that there is an issue with the fraud detection algorithm in the new Admob, and as a damage mitigation enabled the old ad units again

My money is on (1). Let’s see how long this lasts. Good thing I haven’t updated all my ad unit IDs yet. Weirdly, only interstitials seem to be working.

culebrins, can you check your old Admob?

yes skurry, I’ve started to receive money in my old account as you, but only from people using an old version of my app, because I’ve changed my id.

Meanwhile I’m working on implementing MoPub. I should have done that in the first place, and I wouldn’t be as devastated by the Admob ban. Plus, awesome capabilities to run house ads! Though I still feel that mediation will always have its little problems, and that going native is much more robust.

I don’t have much information about mediation, I’ve never use it, but maybe it’s time to move to other platform and implement as you said a “native mediation”. could you recommend me any url o tutorial about this? Maybe I will check mopub as you, I was thinking also in tapcontext, what do you think?

You know I do not care if you want to enter in discussion with me or not but reality is reality and you can not change it, David can not change it, I can not change it. I also do not care if someone using 1 or 5 or 55 Push/icon networks in single app its their decision and there is consequence for such behavior. You can be ignorant about that but community saying very loud what they think about these ads.

To clear something for the end, for me scum developers are ones who steal apps then change package names and upload it as theirs, or steal graphics etc.
Developers who uses aggressive ad formats are not scum in my opinion but their apps in most(not all) cases are pure crap.

Good luck in your fight to change opinion of whole community about push/icon ads but it would be a lot smarter to spent that time on developing new ad units that would bring decent money for developers and not so much hate on user side.

Perhaps a thread devoted to implementation of mopub and issues related to that - would be beneficial for all developers - possibly in moving off Admob completely (if they cannot supply reasonable assurances to developers).

However, practically, the admob mediation is a MUST if you want to use certain things - for example Admob eCPM floor beta (where admob uses the fictitious eCPM number - which was previously used to just specify an “ordering” for the networks - is now being used to actually filter admob ads by their “expected eCPM” - as they are delivering generally across their network for that ad - so it could depend on the advertiser payout or perhaps the ad content is better designed/more attractive and gets higher clicks). Though as posted here before, use of this drastically cuts down on the fill rate - so the Admob eCPM floor beta is only useful if you REALLY want some banner ad space for something else - say are running a Admob House Ad campaign and so want the admob fill rate to be low anyway, so you can run the Admob House Ads when that fails.