Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    nr1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcc View Post
    I store the flag in shared-prefs as user purchases "remove ads". I do not CONSUME the item and disable the "purchase" button.
    It works fine as long as user does not uninstall the App.
    That's one more reason why using SharedPrefs in my opinion makes no sense in this case.
    If you check the google example you can see that there is an "queryInventoryAsync" method, where the 'already purchased items' are being retrieved.
    (Or use the manager classes that i uploaded, there this functionality is already built in)

nr1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone already successfully tested the In-App-Billing with static responses AND real transasctions?

To me it seems testing with real transactions is just horrible: (experienced the same as in this blog entry)
    The hell of testing Google Play In-app billing | Wojtek 'suda' Siudzinski - Blog

As i’m planning to currently only use ‘normal products’ (no subscriptions) i’m thinking of testing ‘only’ with those static responses.
    Can there be any other errors that can may only occur by testing with real account & credit card?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nr1 View Post
    Hello,

currently i'm having 2 versions of each of my apps in the market. On "full" version for ~5 dollars and a second free version containing Admob banners and interstitials. To make releasing updates easier (and because i only sold couple of full versions each month) i'm thinking of stopping the standalone full version but to contain a remove ads button into the free version.

Does anyone already have already experiences with this conversion?
    How much to charge for removing ads?
    Or should i maybe keep the full versions but additionally anyway add the 'remove ads' button?
    Yes I did this and it was a good decision. Now I don't have to maintain two apps
    Last edited by dav800; 2014-01-10 at 03:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    There is a restoreTransactions call you can make that is specifically for getting already purchased items.

nr1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XdebugX View Post
    There is a restoreTransactions call you can make that is specifically for getting already purchased items.
    This is only available till v2 of the in app billing.

In v3 this is done by inventory.hasPurchase or inventory.getPurchase

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I had the same problem:

I monetize my app with Epom Apps and use data monetization.

But I also developed ads free version for $0,99 month, that is beneficial for users but not too profitable to me. I can earn up to $6000/mo with ads, but with users buying 0,99 packege I lose about 30% of revenue.
    I don't know should I raise a cost for ads free app?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally took the code out of the Google Example i posted above. This example contains a demo for all different types of items and how to deal with them.
    Weakness of this demo is, that some things that are needed for getting a safe solution that can be used on live environment aren't fully realized / explained (especially the 'verifyDeveloperPayload()' and payload when purchasing part, can anyone explain?).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123