Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question anyone heard about Appayable? sounds too good to be true

Few android developers I recently met have started using appayable (www.appayable.com) and our quite pleased. Has anyone here tried them out? They are basically paying you for data sharing driven by their SDK (they do not place ads). They add on to anything you make today and do not replace anything. This sounds too good to be true so I was wondering if anyone can share more info on them or their own experience

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    How much do they pay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    What permissions do they need?
    My referral link for MobileCore
    My referral link for AppFlood

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    They seem to need "Social Info" to pay well, so I guess they work better for apps that already has that info (ie, Facebook or G+ connection). Anyway, did anyone try it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I didn't try them, but they need GET_ACCOUNTS permission

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Just been looking at them again as they sent me an e-mail.
    Would like to hear from anyone who is already using them!
    The main question I have is if their data collecting meets Google Policies?
    I know we are all overly-paranoid now (who knows if that's a good thing), but Google is relentless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Heavily redacted.

Open their JAR file and determine if you are comfortable extracting information from the user's device and sending it to their servers. Given the recent Heyzap fiasco, it is likely that their SDK is not Google Play policy compliant without a EULA.

On the other hand, there is probably good money to be made.
    Last edited by mind; 2013-11-21 at 07:01 PM. Reason: contact with rep.
    SVEN Studios Corp
    WordHero - realtime multiplayer 4x4 grid word game
    Anagram Hero - realtime multiplayer Anagram finding word game
    WordSearch Hero - realtime multiplayer Wordsearch word game
    Math Hero - realtime multiplayer Math game
    Avatar Hero - Create your own Avatar

8. Likes Mac liked this post
    Thanks dystopia, javaexp, A1ka1inE, Magnesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Cheers for that @mind

That hardly adds up to a "Social Profile" by any stretch of the imagination. That is just an outright rip of all valuable data.

Oh well. STEER CLEAR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got an email from them today as well. Thanks for the heads up, guys. Saved me a lot of time checking them out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Cool Why not ask us... We are happy to talk!

Richard,

My name is Keith Petri and I am the individual whom sent you the message in regards to the Apayable SDK. I'd like to address each of your points individually and am happy to address any additional concerns you or other users may have with our SDK.

First and foremost, we are a company with the interests of developers in mind. We value your time and monetary investment in building and marketing mobile applications - and much like the traditional publishing industry we see the troubles in generating revenue from your users. There are three issues facing the mobile ecosystem that are causing a nominal (if not, minimal) amount of revenue to be passed from advertisers to publishers in exchange for inventory and the eyes of YOUR users:
    1. Engaging Ad Units: This is being addressed and we will see great new video pre-rolls, interstitials, engaging display units, etc. in the coming months.
    2. ARPU: Mobile commerce is catching on and the trust of consumers in the channel to complete transactions (or attribute to desktop transactions) will continue to rise. This quarter - with the holidays - will be the largest one yet.
    3. Most importantly, a lack of mobile data for use in targeted advertisements.

We work with advertisers and advertising platforms to provide insight for targeted ad buys to i) increase CTR and hit the KPIs set forth by the advertiser, which in turn will ii) increase the CPM cost and optimize the amount of revenue YOU, as a developer, can generate. Appayable is a platform built for developers/mobile-publishers to benefit from.

Appayable does not hide the data we collect. We openly share this information - as I would have shared with you via email - if you had waited for my response. There is only so much information I can provide in an introductory email to notify developers of our service.

Our data collection, analysis, storage and licensing practices abide by all currently accepted legislation and regulation including that of the Google Play store (since its update on September 23rd) and even participate in industry working groups that discuss such issues and the future of advertising and technology. You are correct that there are certain regions in the world (here is high-level map: Forrester's Global Data Protection and Privacy Heatmap), but we are more than aware of the limitations and abide by all applicable laws.

Perhaps most importantly, Appayable is a service. You can choose to work with us, or not. If you do not want to earn residual, ancillary income without interrupting user experience in your apps (which look great, 1. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.rhs.wordhero & 2. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.rhs.anagram), then so be it. Just like any ad platform (i.e. AdMob), you do not need to work with us. In addition, nearly all permissions are optional for the developer to include. You were kind enough to decompile and share our JAR file, but you neglected to mention that everything is controlled by the individual publisher.

We work with over 6,500+ applications and none have been blocked/banned/etc. We are not flagged as a virus, as we are not one. Please do not talk badly about our business. If you would like to speak with me, I am happy to jump on a call, have a webinar, meet in-person (we have offices in Israel, NYC, and California), etc. Just ask.

~ Keith

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast