Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misolok View Post
    What mean this?

Clarification that the gambling policy extends to all games that offer cash or other prizes; that virtual goods and currency in games are subject to the payment processor policy, that incentives should not be provided to users to rate an app; that artificially inflating an app’s install count is prohibited, and that the Google Play Program Policy applies to all developer information or content made available on the Store.

It is forbidden to have in the app link RATE APP or I misunderstood?

"incentives" should not be given to rate the app - this was I think old policy also - you can ask user to rate but cannot promise something in return for it. And probably also not ask user to rate high (though that is not explicitly said in Google language).

Regarding artificially inflating app's install count - I hope this does not affect Tapjoy/GetJar/Sponsorpay model (i.e. incentivized app installs). Though it could be argued that if user is picking off an app wall (even if it is incentivized i.e. user gets virtual currency in return) that there is an element of choice (?)

Virtual goods and currency subject to payment processor policy - what this means - that you cannot offer virtual currency to your users ? For example by Daily Rewards - which could be used to unlock content - and possibly to use incentivized app installs (GetJar/Tapjoy/Sponsorpay) to also earn some of that currency ? What is Google's payment processor policy ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
    any idea what this means for us who did use AirPush/appwiz/startapp SDKs in our apps?
    do we have to remove that code and update our apps, or will disabling the ad types from the admin be enough?
    or will the ad networks kill the ad types altogether, or swap with other ads, in order to.. survive?
    No need to make any changes right away, you have 30 days. The policy requires that the ads wont be activated, nothing mentioning that the SDK should be removed.

From my experience, nothing is really taking into effect that quick when it comes to ad policies. It will probably take even more than 30 days for GG to disapprove the apps but you have to think long term..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Startapp, airpush etc will still be around because they both have out of app sdks, just not in as big way as they were right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradolh View Post
    well done Google, good way to kill the competency... I'm starting to dislike the way as google is doing, they not only don't take care about their developers if not they don't take care about nothing than themselves..
    Many locations STILL cannot charge for apps (my situation also) - so Google better start creating other ways to earn off the apps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rottz View Post
    You cant offer incentive to rate an app.

NOT Allowed: "Rate us to unlock the next level!"
    NOT Allowed: "Please rate us with 5*"
    Allowed: "Please take a minute to rate us"
    do you really think "rate us 5*" is a problem??i mean we are not offering the users any incentives here...
    GET PAID FOR NO. OF App INSTALLS..Sign up using this link to get $15 bonus on 1000th app install or $15 bonus on 250,000th ad imp----> ( http://startapp.com/rf4fsd1 ).....
    My Apps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Check out this thread - which covers the issues we were having with getting Airpush supposed "in-app SDK" (i.e. no push ads etc.) getting flagged by AVG Antivirus.

http://forums.makingmoneywithandroid...html#post16727

With this Google move, it now leaves Airpush no other business than to support their (thus far ignored) "in-app SDK".

Also I would suggest they drop the whole com.XXXXX.YYYYY SDK naming scheme - whose original purpose was to hide their SDK from antivirus apps etc. - as the SDK would look like a developer-created library (I am assuming).

Having a known name and attribution may also help them avoid the issues they now seem to be having with AVG Antivirus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abizz View Post
    Does anyone know what is the meaning of "graphic sex acts"? is it just sexy pose or having sex pose? I'm not native english speaker so I'm not sure what it is.
    Graphic means clearly visible in this context. So sexy poses are allowed. Not sure about sex pose - probably too because "graphic" has quite a strong meaning. I'm not native too, though, so don't take my words for granted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GanjaApps View Post
    How much time we have to update our apps?
    30 days or it will get removed if reported.

Side notes:
    They will have a chunk less free apps from me. My apps that don't have a normal monetization system for ads will be moved to paid apps.

Anyone making quality wallpaper, theme, utility and background apps will not be putting them out for free unless they are completely retarded.

Users will cry about this so much. But they need to realize there are consequences. That is a smaller and smaller free app market.

The big developers that gave in app bonuses for rating 5's are going to have to rip it out or get taken down.

Apps that give in-game points for downloading other apps will be removed as well. Bye bye Mob wars and all that other crap.

Last thought:

How many apps that give notifications (for example "sports scores") will be reported and get suspended due to users who don't get it that the app was designed specifically to do that and there is a setting to turn it off. Will be some pretty terrible stories soon to come.

9. Likes Motiveryan, Oby, Magnesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    @EladAppnext i sent you an email about the force close i get from using your sdk in my app, please reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    will make sure it happens

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast