Should I be making more?

I get thousands of installs every day right now and I feel like I’m wasting them by not earning my potential!

That is about 8 hours of impressions.

That is a few days of impressions.

Here is my country breakdown from the past few days

Should I be making more?

Im currently with Leadbolt

40444725af055247e689f3828d8b3b55.png

284fc8d822104e789e900ab20505ae18.png

your eCPM is very good. What kind of ads are you using? Is the $5+ ecpm coming from banner ads or interstitials?

I dont think any other network can even come closer to that eCPM

What kind of ad format you used? I mean did you put the ads on launch, on exit? Or did you use banner? If it was interstitial, your eCPM is consider ok, maybe you could try increase the ad frequency.

Well, $48 from 39.000 impressions is not an ecpm of $8.19. Its more like $1.25.
Anyway, your performance is similar to ours. You have lots of downloads from Russia and you won’t get a lot of money from there. Same with brazil, thailand, ukraine etc.

That’s not actually the ECPM. It’s the highest performing country. Often like France or someone gets 200 impressions and $2 suddenly I have a $10 CPM listed there. My actual ECPM is roughly $1.20 for the last month.

That’s nice. Really I just wanted to see if I was being ripped off. I used to have a much higher ECPM back 1-2 years ago with Android ads so $1 is ridiculous to me.

Couldn’t agree more. ECPM on Android really dropped worldwide in the last year and not only in Leadbolt.

Yeah it’s a shame. However when ad types become more and more popular people just learn to tune them out. When I play games I know where that X button is going to be and I tap it before I even see the ad. I don’t think that’s why but it could contribute a bit to the dropping CPM. If you haven’t already and have a way to incorporate them with your app I suggest you use Video Ads, I just added a rewarded video into my app and I’ve already made quite a bit despite having a fill rate under 50%. $11 CPM for the traffic that has gone through. I may try AdColony and Vungle and some other video ad networks later for a better fill rate but for now I’m going to stick to what I’m using because it’s working.

1.5-2 years ago I had an app that had an $18 CPM with an app wall. Not an exaggeration at all I just went back in LeadBolt stats to find it. Right now I couldn’t even get a $1 CPM with my Exit App Wall so I just got rid of it entirely.

We already use Unity Game Ads for rewardeds and they perform quite well with an ecpm of $12 from US and $8 from Europe. Overall we only get $6 though, probably because we allow users to opt-in. If we’d use interstitials only our earnings would be completely ridiculous.

That’s pretty good. By opt in you mean having a button that says click here for free in game points instead of forcing them to watch the video after a level. I’m considering every now and then to show a video ad seeing as you can skip them pretty quickly. Am I using the right ad type for rewarded videos through Unity? I assumed the skip option would only be for a standard ad with no reward. And have you tried there picture ads before? Do they perform well if you have?

We don’t let people skip the ad and don’t show them after a stage. With opt-in I mean the possibility to watch as much videos as you want to get more coins. Some users seem to watch 10 or more videos in a row. We never tried their picture ads.

Good to know, I’ll have to look into that I didn’t realise that it was an option to disable the skip. And thank you for all the information, it has been a tremendous help! I’ll probably try out the picture ads soon to see how they perform with my app. Thanks again and good luck with your apps!

Hello @Matthew, just have in mind that you can also use Pollfish as an additional source of revenue along with the rewarded videos. Incentivization with virtual coins performs really well on Pollfish network.

Hello,
Based off the country statistics I showed would you have an estimate on the fill rate pollfish could give me? Also do you have skype contact information?
Thanks!

Hello @Matthew, you can send me an email at [email protected]. Fill rates vary and change day by day according to survey creator needs as they come and go to the platform in ad-hoc unpredicted way to create surveys through Pollfish DIY survey tool. Having that said I must day that your app could perform well on the platform since Pollfish is quite strong in terms of inventory in US, Russia and UK!

Sounds good, I may give it a shot. Does anyone use pollfish as it’s main tool for monetization? Does any app that isn’t massive make lots with pollfish or is it just a nice bonus to an app?

Pollfish is by default a supplementary source of revenue for apps! :slight_smile: So almost all of our developers use as along with other ad networks another revenue stream ( a nice bonus as you said :slight_smile: )

What I thought. Yes I’ll be sure to give it a try when my big update comes out :). Thanks for all the help and transparency!

I wouldn’t use pollfish it might annoy users to be filling out survey’s when they just want to use the app. People are used to ADs but filling out questionares might be a bit much. That said Pollfish could pay you more than other AD networks but its a risk. Good Luck your doing much better than new developers your 1st time around.

Hello @Pixelpower, numbers of completion rates do not backup your statement :slight_smile: Having that said we also have to say that here we suggest Pollfish as an alternative to rewarded videos, so answering surveys in exchange for virtual coins is just a more interactive and fun process than watching a video and are completed because users wan to earn coins of the app!