Widdit success story - December 2014

Hi FGL,
yes i tried old and new SDK with old one DAU used to make about 50$ a day

with new version revenu share i making 4$ so i dropped them

good luck :slight_smile:

50 dollars per dau???

Heh! I don’t think there is any app in the world that makes $50 per DAU. At least not unless you had a hit F2P and then kicked off all the non-whale players.

I believe he means that activity of the app remained the same, same number of DAU, but revenue dropped from $50 to only $4 after Widdit changed their payouts. Essentially they went from a fixed payment per DAU to a revenue share model.

oh i see, thanks for clarification

We offer a revshare model today and developers are making very good revenues with us.

We have publishers working with us for over two years - from the old model to the new model and still increasing their revenue.

As stated before, we are not an ad network and we do not place banners on your app - only sponsered content. It’s on your lockscreen and doesn’t interfere with your ad networks - just another revenue channel.

I suggest you try us out with one or two of your apps before you make your decision.

I like this monetization model but it is not allowed by GP Policies, concretely the one that say that you can’t place content outside your application context, how do you explain this? EULA is not enough

Please read this passage by our compliance officer.

Keep Your Google Play Compliance With Widdit?s Homebase | Widdit | Blog

with 10K Daily active user (DAU) when widdit was paying 5$ for 1k daily active user so it’s possible to make a such revenu