Why some developers need new Accounts...

@punysoft is right, you should be banned furioussoftware, when I wanted to make ‘spam apps’ in 2h each I always did something new and anyway I wasn’t proud of it. But the thing that you’ve done harms not only users but mostly developers. It’s fault of people like you that when some ambitious indie devloper make game for long time cannot be discovered because market is bloated with apps like you.

And don’t hide behind big sharks on forum, it’s their choice what they do, anyway it looks that they do it better because they don’t have to write now on forum :wink:

yea, that’s exactly what i thought when i released my 6 months hard worked app.
u should bann those with hundreds of apps making millions, not a poor guy with 10 similar apps.
u should bann those making prank and fake apps, those that gather personal information and sell it for big money, not some funny making sound apps. I read the comments for my apps, people like them, they’re funny and useful, not stupid pranks. The negative comments are indeed for putting push ads in them, but that doesn’t break any rules, thei’re made to be there and i’m paying for my family with the ads in that free apps.
u should bann those that hide behind proxies and invest thousands in hiding from google just to release another sex app.
and my conscience was grown a long time ago, i’m not an young teenager anymore. and yes, i feed my family with these apps that i just unpublished so my friend you are not right, not right at all.

Clarify this then: if you are soooooooo innocent, why have you quickly unpublished your so called apps (after checking them myself I would say they should be named malware, spamware at best). Any way you put it, nothing changes that you violated google policy by posting redundant content, and, worse, redundant spam. Yes, I give you that: you are working hard. To make spam and multiply it on your many accounts. And by doing this you cheat on hard working people, making the market an unpleasant place, by bloating it senseless. Anyway, you’ve been reported to Google for having multiple accounts and posting clones on them.

About frustration: I think it characterizes you right now. After you were caught and embarrased here, I suppose you must be pretty angry. You should not have been cheating.

I think it is ignoring the elephant in the room - it is Google PRECISELY who is responsible for the policing of these apps - or they SHOULD be, like Apple is responsible.

Google is allowing this type of behavior - with the result that you have such excesses then - so while the developers who “game” the system are at fault, the “system” which allows itself to be gamed that way is also partly at fault.

I think we are too much cursing this guy who published 10 similar apps. How about this guy:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=MGG1.com

I have actually bookmarked above link to show people every-time such discussion happens. Just keep on scrolling for more apps until you have seen them all, or your hands start aching.

I am not saying that this is right but then the market is flooded with this. Its not us who can control this. Google should have gone apple way from day one by approving each app. I had recently come to know that apple store no more accepts FlashLight and Fart Sound apps. How cool is that. Curse Google guys and not other fellow developers. Remember that people will always want to earn money by any way and live happily without having to care about what happens with Android.

I think there is essentially NO DIFFERENCE between the same app being uploaded by same guy vs. different apps being uploaded by different developers. What if the “app” is actually some app-maker package ? Then any new and wide-eyed new developer will use the package and get banned. They may not add anything to it either.

So the question becomes, isn’t there a cart-before-horse type situation happening here ? Very clearly the situation is crying out for “pre-upload screening” of apps (as in Apple App Store).

The reason is that if you are going to start pruning apps based on their “novelty” then you are starting to exercise “editorial control” - whether you do that at app upload or after the fact, it is clear that doing it “after the fact” is EXTREMELY unprofessional, as that weakens your “system” - your system then become unpredictable in the mind of developers (EXACTLY the situation with Google Play right now).

All this beating around the bush (except pointing to the need for a pre-upload approval process) is diversionary - Google needs to either make the market totally open (including spam and duplicate apps whatever) - or they need to start at the root of it - at the time the app enters the marketplace.

While in the short term it will seem ok the way Google is doing it (i.e. after the fact ban of app, developer and whole lock stock and barrel) - however it has very damaging effects on the credibility of the developers - because with a silent power like Google exercising this power, the voices (even developers who are NEVER going to be banned) hear is from the ones who DO get banned - and it has a bad effect however way you want to spin it. Even here the ball falls in Google court to be clear about what/why they banned such and such high profile developer.

u should bann those with hundreds of apps making millions, not a poor guy with 10 similar apps.
u should bann those making prank and fake apps, those that gather personal information and sell it for big money, not some funny making sound apps.

It’s nothing personal, I’m not here for giving bans, Google Play is not my store, I just write what I think is not good. Anyway it doesn’t matter how many somebody earns with his methods, but what it cause. Ads also gathers information …

and my conscience was grown a long time ago, i’m not an young teenager anymore. and yes, i feed my family with these apps that i just unpublished so

Don’t hide behind family, it’s silly, everyone has family …

my friend you are not right, not right at all.

You didn’t give any reasonable arguments.

Your words show that you are jelous about ppl making millions and try to hide behind these ‘big sharks’ and family xd
You also didn’t ‘grow’ cos you dislike ppl only because they say that they think that you made something bad, haha.
I don’t have more time for you, write whatever you want.

adforandroidapps - good points, system is bad also, that’s why I focus on iOS now.

Holy shit! That is just embarrassing.

Oh my god… he got 500 apps!! (is that the maximum?) Google should make something about it, so many bad apps in the store…

In my opinion its not about Google its all about peoples who wants to earn quick money. Every system on Earth made by humans (banks, different services, firms, companies etc) CAN be cheated its just matter of time when someone (who have such intentions) will find some ‘hole’ and use it. Google is huge firm but still they are just a firm as any other, they can not predict in advance every single exploit, none can. Also they react when someone post it on Reddit so they are not ‘deaf’ and someone mention Apple as example, Apple store is also flooded with crap apps with titles like ‘Angry Robots Rope Birds Cut’! So on the end its all about peoples not a system because there is no perfect one.

No actually I counted the smart way. Its around 750.

how come the smart way gives an “around” value?? :wink:
i did count 500 exactly…

then may be some apps have been removed. I counted last week.

BTW, if it is not owned by him - how is he removing them !?

But not getting into the details - on a coarse level, this is a good test case - the developer is pointing to a “legal” argument i.e. the accounts do not belong to “him” - but just to people he has some influence over (social links as they are part of family etc.).

However Google does not like this “legal” argument - since he IS in control of those accounts.

So the question becomes - how is Google going to frame any “legal” response to this issue - or is the reason Google is hiding behind secrecy PRECISELY because such a situation DOES NOT HAVE a legal solution - so Google resorts to cloak and dagger “we THINK you are all the same person” etc. - i.e. basically hearsay and innuendo. This would explain why Google has been wary of putting things down on paper. Some of the problem for Google stems from this being such a new thing that things are still fluid and they perhaps don’t want to curtail directions things are going too much - but at the same time want to exercise SOME control if it can help.

The problem with such an approach is that it is INEVITABLY going to veer towards dictatorship and arbitrary decisionmaking by one part of the two party equation Google-developer - and is decidedly archaic (medieval) in sense.

Quote:
Google REALLY needs an approval mechanism for its apps submissions (like all the other companies do: Apple, Amazon and Samsung).

Exactly my point rottz - this is a situation crying out for a solution like that - but Google is wanting to avoid that - because of the huge manpower required for such an approval department.

I would add one more thing to that (i.e. to Apple App Store also) - and that is there SHOULD be some mechanism by which a developer can telegraph his INTENT to make an app and get some feedback WELL BEFORE the app is made and submitted (i.e. seems stupid to submit something after lots of hard work and then have Apple say it is “not what we want in the store” etc.).

I guess this would incur lot of manpower - since a lot of apps ARE going to do poorly - but their approval and this touchy-feely discussion will cost Apple hugely - and maybe why Google wants to stay away from where that would take them …

I find it slightly amusing to see ONE push ad user criticize another push ad (or worse) for “making Google notice this genre of ads”.

There are some developers who have never felt comfortable about push ads - yet they have refrained from passing value judgement on others - so I find it slightly self-important for one push ad pusher to be criticizing another push ad pusher for ruining “the game” they were playing.

I personally don’t feel anything negative against this person furiouswhatever - because I see him in exactly the same way as I see the other push developers - i.e. they are using techniques which I would not want in my apps, or for my users (if I feel responsible for my users), but I can understand if developers get burned and start feeling “where is my cut of the cake” as the users “are not looking out for me” and then they resort to push ads etc. I don’t pass a value judgement on that either - partly because I ALSO know that push ads etc. ARE getting bad press, ARE making users pissed off - so there is some (long-term) stability in the system which WILL curtail the practice eventually.

Anyway …

Developer are NEVER going to be able to police things themselves - that is exactly the job of Google - as the legal responsible party for Google Play (and with the might to boot).

Developers reporting each other is exactly the slippery slope which a Communist party would have people do “start reporting each other” - pretty soon you will have “reporting inflation” - and you supplant one problem with another.

Very clearly it is NOT THE JOB of developers to be reporting other developers - I don’t mean in the personal opinion sense - but in a structural sense you CANNOT have a system run where the interested parties are banning each other - pretty soon you will have “gangs” of developers coordinating attacks to get other developers banned because they don’t like them etc. …

As I said it is an offloading of a burden which GOOGLE should bear - and developers who are all too keen to step in as policemen for the master Google are pretty soon going to become the problem.

The problem is to not start exercising police yourself (after all Google Play is NOT an open source, free for all setup - it is OWNED by Google - a commercial company with commercial interests - why do they ban Amazon App from Google Play etc. etc. …).

Basically the problem is SYSTEMIC with Google - and the solution is not to pick a scapegoat from the developer community - but to push Google to fix it so it handles that part of the task - and not to have Google free-ride on the efforts of developers who are now supposed to start policing each other (Communist party recruiting children to report on their parents and all that). Not a good use of developer time - except maybe as vengeance or to look for a scapegoat.

javaexp said:
Quote:
am not saying that this is right but then the market is flooded with this. Its not us who can control this. Google should have gone apple way from day one by approving each app. I had recently come to know that apple store no more accepts FlashLight and Fart Sound apps. How cool is that. Curse Google guys and not other fellow developers. Remember that people will always want to earn money by any way and live happily without having to care about what happens with Android.

This is EXACTLY the point - Apple App Store is exercising editorial control - and PREVENTING REPEATED APPS of the same type appearing (to some degree).

That is a POWERFUL editorial oversight of the store - I am not sure how scalable that is (which maybe why - apart from saving manpower - that Google has avoided it so far …

But it is exactly the type of behavior which improves the overall quality of the apps - Apple is giving a SIGNAL that apps should improve - what signal is Google giving ? (do anything you want - then we will ban you 6 months later ?).

according to appbrain mgg1 has 513 apps, the difference is furious spams the crap out of the user, seriously, you need on open an airpush eula followed by a startapp eula followed by a more apps prompt followed by a startapp exit ad, followed by a startapp 3d wall, lol

same icon really, lol:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liquidsoft.entertainment.volume.booster

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volume.android

I need to clarify this, these apps are not mine.
ps: from my perspective this discuttion is closed, the matter is clarified. I will not be you scapegoat, do not bring me in any more quotes, as it’s really unpleasant for me. thanks.

ha ha ha. I like the way you want to get away with this. Good learning for me.

I don’t see why folks find these app makers such a threat if their apps are TRULY so horrendous - what type of competition are they offering ?

If the severity of their BADNESS is so apparent to developers here - why can’t Google have an algorithm to incorporate this into their rankings ?

For this reason I find this whole “developer outrage” at another developer seems like a case of them grinding some other axe (i.e. pissed off generally at the other).

When such egregiously bad apps should be AS EASILY identifiable as bad - why is it so hard for Google to identify them as bad (just highlight install/uninstall rate more in the ranking algorithm).

Maybe it is time to start counting user opinions more (ratings - which means Google has to go after the buy ratings crowd then … one problem replaced by another).

please do not attribute to me any volume booster or car key on the market.