Why Do I Barely Get Downloads?

So I created an app about 4 months ago and I was expecting at least some money back in return.
I have made a total of $12.04 off of my app since it was released. This isn’t what I thought I would be making. I average about $0.10-0.25 a day if I am lucky.
My best day was $0.65.
Basically, my app is a drunk message blocker that prevents you from posting things on social media while you’re drunk.
Here is the link if you want to see it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vn.ibit.AppLocker&hl=en
I have tried advertising it all over Fb, Twitter and other places online.
I post about 100 times a day in FB groups trying to get downloads and I spam all over youtube and message youtubers to make me videos. I also have contacted about 50 newspaper places but none of them ever seem to respond.

If I am lucky, I get 40+ downloads a day. My highest in a day was 49 ever.

Is there any hope to make money off of my app or should I just quit? Tips are greatly appreciated

Well, I though of trying it out and it’s not found over the playstore ? I guess you app was deleted from the app store or … ??

An app that features content that people don’t know exists won’t be naturally downloaded. Not many people are generally going to think “There must be an app that can stop me from posting stuff to social networks when I’m drunk”, so they won’t be looking for it. Now if you raised awareness about the app through advertising etc then people would start becoming aware and the ball would start rolling etc.
Of course that takes time and money and there is no guarantee of success.

The apps that get the most downloads feature content that people are already looking for, in a nutshell.

I hope you don’t take that too personally, I’m just speaking from experience.

His link got cut in the middle. Use the link in his signature.

Sorry I fixed the link now.

Try changing up your advertising/self-promotion methods a bit. Maybe people think it’s just spam?

Your app seems to get a lot of good reviews (5 star : 1 star ratio), so I think it’s doing pretty solid in that aspect. Perhaps more people just need to find it?

Also, think about publishing other apps. I wouldn’t put all my eggs in one basket, nor would I expect every app to be a success.

If you quit, you’ll, of course, never achieve the success you’re looking for (the very definition of quitting). I would keep up your self-promotion methods, as well as work on more apps. Just my 2 cents.

No issues I’ll check it out and will let you know about my reviews on this later !