What was I wrong in my game?

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie on developing Android games. I have released a game at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.hexagames.HappyWorm for 2 weeks. I uploaded it in other store such as Appbrain, Slideme, Androidpit, Amazon…but it doesn’t show me any good sign of downloading. After 2 weeks, I have only about < 20 downloads. Moreover, in Android Dev Console, it shows that player uninstall my game. I’m so sad! :frowning:

So, today I post this thread for hearing the response from you. I hope you can give me a little time to review my game and show me where I was wrong in my game. You can review all aspect of my game I show me the bad of mine, I’m very happy to hear it! :slight_smile:

Thank you very very much! :slight_smile:

p/s: Sorry for my bad English! :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that. But it happens with many games u r not alone. Try tweaking the description and if it still doesn’t work then either purchase installs from ad networks or forget about game and move to next game which is based on medium amount of searches and medium competition for the niche you target

The game looks ugly, I would not download it.

What you must do: forget this project, and focus on the next one, with probably better quality.

Good luck!

Thanks :slight_smile: !But let I ask a stupid question. How to know my game is based on medium amount of searches or not?

Lol, thanks for your comment! :slight_smile: But you think the main character is ugly or every objects are ugly! Is there anything look good?

Icon and screenshots are responsible for the first look. I would say colors are dull, main character looks stupid ( is it a worm, a cucumber or a *****?).
The graphic style is unprofessional, and therefore I would rank this game as low-quality project.
After 10 seconds of looking I still don’t know what this game is about.

So, forget it and move on. Work harder and rule the world :wink:

Yeah, thanks so much. And I think I also need an artist in the next project! :smiley:

Purchase installs from Ad networks? How does that work, which ones do it?

Type Jump in the play store and you should see some suggestions. Searching for the keyword should bring decent number of games for that niche. If games for a keyword are less then it usually means less number of searches and hence less competition. You got to strike a difference between the keyword and number of games available for that keyword. Like Ninja is highly flooded so is stickman and bird keywords.

u can try chartboost or appnext. For incent installs try Tapjoy or AyeTStudions

I’ve had a play and I don’t think it’s a lost cause. It is similar to existing apps but thats not a complete killer. In disagreement with previous comments I quite like the graphical style, it looks child friendly. Except the main characters face which looks gormless.

However where my criticisms lie is the firing mechanism. Where you click seems to have very little to do with where the fire goes but it doesn’t go in the same direction always either. I can imagine this frustrating users and may have led to uninstalls. Also what is he firing and why? Include some animation that makes it make sense. perhaps a sling shot?

Please improve your colors quality and graphic style. and try tweaking the description. see other similar games apps and got some ideas.

Many thanks for your response. :slight_smile: I’m working to change some graphics for my main character. Beside that, I’m thinking carefully about firing mechanism because I thought it could shoot by its mount…but I agree you that the animation is not clear!

I’ll change it in the next update! :slight_smile:

I’m working to improve the graphics in the game. Hope it’ll be better in the next update! Thank you for give me a comment!! :slight_smile: