Video review from App eggs or not?

I do not know what identifies as spam, but, I do not consider them to be spammers. They did contact me a couple of times, but this was because I told them that I would be interested in their offer. Could it be that because I showed that interest, they did not contact me even more times :confused: How many times have they contacted you?

13 mails since 10th January

One look at the site tells you that they’re not to be taken seriously.

“Take care of your virtual girlfriend, be careful carry off by others”

For the application, its name is Barcode KANOJO. I believe all boys will like it so much. You could have a beautiful and lovely girlfriend only by scan the bar-code attached to any type of product using your Android phone. The different bar-code could acquire different and only girl. You also could have a few girlfriends at the same time. How exciting it is to a boy!

Really? And they want me to pay money for a garbage review like this?

Yes, that review was really funny. “the girl will belong to you in no long days”. It seems like the reviewer is a beginner in English. It is difficult to understand what the header means. “carry off by others”, what does that mean?
The full review is here:

Barcode KANOJO Android Reviews ? Take care of your virtual girlfriend, be careful carry off by others

It is strange that they have 12 000 likes on FB.

Vasilis, what was the results of your promotion?

Last night I was traveling and I did not check my emails :o but I asked them to make a video for the iOS app first, as I want to release a new version for the Android in the next week.

Based on the results from another review site, I do not expect to see much, but I should see some trafficking from the banners.
One thing that could potentially help me is that they could improve my SEO, since they are going to have a permeant link to my site.

Impressive!! I had 6 since December

Late reply, but WTF I got the same freaking message (and from that “Sara” only). Wow, they truly are mass mailing this crap to developers.

Yesterday,

They send me the links to my app review. I simply reply to them that If they do not redo this review, I will cancel the transaction.
My first impression from the review is that it is written by a 10 year old kid, and I am really insulted by they work.

Does anyone know a better app video site or community? I am looking for somewhere to promote my new video. It is already online on Google play.

I had the same kind of emails from ‘Sara’. I never took them to serious. Perhaps thet are a serious company, but how can you take paid reviews for real? They delegitimize themselfs by offering a paid review. It is the same as paid love.

Yes, I agree! Paid reviews are corruption, even it is legal corruption. The problem is that almost all app review sites are corrupt and have payed reviews.

Despite this, Appeggs seem to have some success with their company. There are some Appeggs videos on Youtube with >400000 viewings. Their business idea is good, a community for app videos. The strange thing is that I don’t find any other sites or communities for app videos. The Appeggs site seem to be difficult to use for its followers. I don’t even find the app videos on it, when I browse it from my mobile.

UPDATE:

Sara did contact me and promised to redo the whole review process. Lets hope they do a good review, this time

Hello!
Just read the whole thread.

I also think that appeggs is bad reviewer.
May be someone could suggest where to make the video explainer clip?

I have used their text review service before and was very disappointed. Primarily because the reviewer obviously had a poor grasp of English, the review just didn’t make sense. I’m also pretty sure they didn’t even play the game, the features they talked about were just reworded from my Google Play description. As for any impact it had on downloads, can’t say I noticed any improvements. I would avoid!

To answer the original question about a video review. It’s quite cheap and easy to get a promo video done on a number of websites, or do it yourself. What you’re paying for is the following AppEggs might have - I haven’t checked their Youtube channel so I don’t know. If they have a lot of subscribers and regularly get views, maybe its worth it. Based on the text review they did for me I personally wouldn’t bother.

I hired a producer to make the video, so the video is finished and available on Google play. I am looking for somewhere to promote it. Where can I do that?

Once I got a text review from a similar site (appszoom.com) for free, but my download numers didn’t move an inch… I don’t think it’s worth using those paid review sites (what’s the creditability of an paid review anyway?). I think it’s better to spend the money on app localization.

We are a startup specialized in mobile video advertising.
We’ve got an offer for app’s developers, you can become a partner and share your video for free on our network.

Just MP me to get some more details.

I searched for some services that make videos and the price is scary. From $500 till $12500 … ugh. May be there is someone who can make it for $50? :slight_smile:

I hired a producer called Vorfluk to make this app video for me:

Morphing Tunnels on Vimeo

He is very good at making app videos and this video lifted the download for my app. His prices are not that expensive. I can give you his contact information if you are interested.

Appeggs says that they have 100,000 fans on their SNS channels:

https://www.facebook.com/best.10.android.apps
https://www.facebook.com/DownloadAtoZ
https://twitter.com/App_Eggs

Maybe they are not that good at making promo videos, but maybe it can be worth it to advertise an already existing app video on Appeggs?