Tool for searching keywords on Google Play?

The original name was supposed to be Fireball Escape. I then changed it to Fire Ball because searching for fire ball on google play returned my game in position >100. Now the game is in top 15 for “fire ball” and “fireball”.

Thanks, I am considering that.

I don’t think adding “run” in the title is enough to make it visible. I would also have to change the description which I just tried to optimize for “escape”. Searching for “escape” right now doesn’t show me the game in the list at all.

Thanks, I will look into that.

I originally wanted to record a video of myself playing the game but then I decided it would be better to let the users find out about the game on their own. I think if I create a video it should be very entertaining and just a recording of someone playing the game wouldn’t give a good feel to the user. I don’t have the budget to get some professional to create a cool engaging video presentation.

Don’t worry about the video quality - just make a video - users look at the video a lot, and esp. in a game like yours where actual gameplay is not being conveyed, it would immediately give them an idea.

Just had an idea for an icon - show a fireball tetering on the edge of a whirlpool - could make the background be the whirlpool/water - bluish - and then have fireball on top on edge of it - with water flow sense suggesting things being sucked into the whirlpool. Though that might be hard to convey in a 64x64 icon (!)

I think you misunderstood me, what i meant is that these apps don´t get affected by low ratings. If an user gives you 1 star rating it´s because he didn´t like your app, correct? So how these apps reach high charts with so low ratings? Before i realized this i thought that the star ranking system was very important to get you visible on the market. But this just proves that you can have the worst ratings on your app and still manage to get on the trends list.