remove ads IAP. is it worth it?

enough to justify the effort?

Exact same app and features…The paid app just doesn’t have ads.

52 sales, $267.80 revenue ($187.46 after fees)… so… “NO” :slight_smile:

200k downloads, ~$800 “Remove Ads” IAP revenue (at about $1.29 per purchase). Which is a conversion rate of about 0.3%.

Interestingly, on Amazon the conversion rate is more about 1%, probably because of Amazon Coins and better payment integration?

game or app?

The 200k/0.3% figure is for an educational app. The 1% conversion rate on Amazon is for a game though.

Total ad revenue is only $1,600. So the IAP are a nice bonus. What I’ve noticed is that purchasers come from all over the globe, whereas ad revenue is concentrated in a few countries.

I think it actually depends also where the majority of the traffic coming from. I have a free version and paid version which essential removes the ads and give extra feature. There are 25k downloads on the free version and 50 purchases for paid version (1.99).My target traffic was middle east though where payment was not possible for long time and now is possible but people don’t seem to believe in paying for apps.

So you should consider whether your traffic is coming from “paying” countries in general

Is there any chance that IAP can reduce the ad revenue?

users will pay for ad free version if they like the app and want to use it daily.It means that by giving them ad free version we are reducing one potential users to click on the ads.

In case of other users who do not like app much and use it very less,they might not go for ad free version and hence won’t click much on the ads much.

So bottomline is just to grab some extra IAP bonus,does it not reduce the ads revenue badly and overall income including IAP goes less than the case when we do not have IAP?

kindly share some real time experience and data to throw some light on this.

I am unable to sell paid apps (not in Google’s paid app developer countries list). So I was wondering about publishing a paid version of the app on Amazon App Store.

For Google Play users - this usually means they have to find the Amazon App Store app - which is NOT on Google Play. Although the Amazon app on Google Play WILL show them the app - and users will be directed to install the APK from Amazon - including all that stuff about Unknown Sources turning on etc. in Settings.

So I wonder what the conversion rate from that would be - since there are a number of steps for a Google Play user to accomplish to get the app.

Any thoughts on this ? Thanks.

You can’t do that - you can’t link or push users to Amazon store in an app from Google Play because Google doesn’t allow it. Amazon AppStore is their competition. Sorry.

Amazon are great friendly people, they always answer a question for help. But my revenue of paid apps is about 7% of the Google store. They pay almost direct per country store. I have a couple of apps, and it’s nice to see those small figures entering my bank account, but up till now it’s hardly worth the trouble.

What do you mean by “pay almost direct per country store” ?

Thanks.

I was not clear. They pay 45 days after the item is sold, but they pay seperately for each country they have a store for, so i.e. I get one appsale from Germany, 3 from US, one from Sweden, all seperate small amounts on my account, and this for each seperate app.

Can you share the tutorial for Amazon paid app implementation. I searched it in on Amazon app store and did not get any.