Project firestarter

Too many things to do and those 24 hours are just not enough :slight_smile: I cannot find time to write a proper article summarizing what happened so far.

Let me give you an excerpt here:

Money spent: budget exceeded, it’s around $600 now. Not running any campaign at the moment, every traffic is organic at this point.
14k downloads with 7k active installs. Around 650 new installs a day.
1.5k daily active users generating on average $10 of income
Cumulative income so far - $100
The highest the app got in the ranking was place 15 - didn’t manage to go further than that.

So it looks like none of the goals of the experiments are going to be met. That’s the bad news. The good news is that from the game’s income alone the investment will pay off in less than two months. But that’s not all. The biggest success of this experiment is that I understood how important cross promoting is and how to do it right. I have made a significant change in the game’s UI that resulted in huge increase of new installs from users playing my other apps. Taking this into account those daily $10 looks more like $25 or $30. Unfortunately this could be accomplished without spending a dime. Next time I’ll combine the power of cross-promotion combined with initial investments in ads. But first I have to finish few other features that occupy my attention.

I’ll write a full article with details on what I changed to make cross-promotion effectively some time next week, I promise :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply, I’ll wait for your article :slight_smile:

Many thanks for sharing your experience! not always we have to opportunity to check results with that high budget.It will be very useful for all of us.

I think that 650install/per day isn’t bad deal, also I’m sure that it will increase in the next months!

B.

Hello everyone, today is one month after I started this little adventure - here’s what I learned to do and not to do next time. Enjoy :slight_smile:

The idea of using buttons in such way is brilliant. I will blatantly copy it in my games, I hope you don’t mind. :smiley: Especially since I plan on making a second game that is closely related to another - I just decided to release it as a seperate application so I don’t mess up the original one with too much complicated options. A button that goes from one game to another would be great for users of both.

Sure, feel free to copy the idea as long as you add one extra button directing to one of my apps as a form of royalty fee :slight_smile:

Just kidding - I wouldn’t mind at all.