Problem with Airpush

Nick,
2 of my apps were recently got red flag and when raised a ticket, they assigned one of your BDE to investigate further into it, she contacted me and asked for country, android make, handsets and daily downloads for those apps to which i sent all needed details to her. She given me a clean chit after inspecting all the proofs and assured me that this was a routine check to ensure legit apps earns and i also agree to this thing. my apps did worked perfectly fine for 2 days and then again got red flags, same procedure followed, your BDE was asked again and i again got a clean chit. this repeatedly happened many times for last 3 weeks and now for past 6 days my apps are again flagged and i am not able to make even a single penny from them.
Here i would like to mention that the apps flagged by you guys are on 1st and 2nd positions on worldwide searches in their respective search kws so obviously all the downloads are legit (4-5k daily downloads)
I always mentioned and even today also i am saying that I am even open for a teamviewer session with any of your fraud expert or business development executive to assure that all the apps downloads are legit and come from google play only and all the download links are also valid and legit but still there is no action being taken from your support guys and end of the day only I am suffering because of no income from those apps. Ads are still running on them so obviously airpush is making money from my apps but not me.
kindly advice what to do now? Shall i remove airpush from those apps and use some other ad network ?
hope to get a speedy reply with some action taken
regards

Hi there,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Your assigned account manager was on vacation and unable to answer the concern on your apps.
I have reached out to my team to have these warnings removed for you. I will update you through your email address.

Airpush Nick