Not appearing on similar app lists

What can be the reason why my app doesn’t appear on others similar app list?

Over 100 000 Downloads
7 000 active installs
10 months old
100 daily installs
4.0 rating

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.otm

There are several possibilities.

1. If you bought downloads your users are too mixed, because you targeted from any possible source, not only users who especially are into your type of app.
  2. You probably appeared once as similar. Then your downloads dropped and your position decreased until it wasn’t visible anymore and your download power isn’t enough to reappear again.
    2.1. The re-appearence when this already happened is very difficult. From my experiences the more downloads you already have, the more difficult it gets to appear as similar again. This has something to with the total daily installs and daily deinstalls. If you have more deinstalls than installs it’s game over.
  3. When you change the category you disappear everywhere completely and probably never appear again because of 2.1

so what do you say is the main factor for appear on similar lists?

active installs, total installs, or actual daily downloads?

I know ASO takes an effect too.

7k out of 100k total installs looks very poor. At least that number should be 20-25k

Well, the app is 10 months old. Stats like this are very common.

so what do you say is the main factor for appear on similar lists?

active installs, total installs, or actual daily downloads?

I know ASO takes an effect too.

I don’t exactly know which one the main factor is, but I was monitoring some apps that suddenly disappeared from those lists when their ranking was low for a few months.
If keywords and ASO have an effect on this is not clear, it might only be the way round that YOUR app shows on OTHER similar apps. This is a huge difference, because you don’t benefit from this at all. Anyway, if I were you, I’d take a look at your ASO again. Probably you can optimize your keywords a bit to reappear again when your downloads increase.

@Steve, do you have skype?