<uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.INTERNET” />
<uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE” />

//what the hell, do I need these ?
<uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION” />
<uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” />
<uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.CALL_PHONE”/>
<uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.SEND_SMS”/>
<uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE”/>

Nevermind, you don’t need all those if using admob.

Hi guys, hope you can help… I have some doubt with MoPub:

1. House Ads: Is there a way to show house Ads at the beginning and AdNetwork ad at the exit?
  2. Interstitial Ads: If I have setup Mmedia with CPM 10$ and AdMob with CPM 5$ then when the ad is called the first option is Mmedia,ok, but in the case that the Ads is not received then next option should show?
  1. Create two separate ad units (“Full Screen Beginning” and “Full Screen End”), call them from your app respectively
  2. Yes

Or just set up a house campaign and set a frequency cap of 1/day (or 1/hour or something)… it will be the first ad shown and will not be shown after that.

That’s great, thanks gentleman

I asked question 2 as I have setup Mmedia as first option but when the interstitial should be shown I receive ‘Mmedia: No next ads’ and Admob that is the second option not show their interstitial…but if I setup Admob as first option then is show correctly… I will review … maybe I have some settings wrong…

has any one tried integrating leadbolt html app wall in mopub full screen ads. Leadbolt just gives a URL like:
http://ad.leadboltads.net/show_app_wall?section_id=xxxxxxxx

If we just paste the above in custom html section, this url will be displayed whereas we want the contents of this url be shown to user. Any experience?

I got it to work by wrapping it in an iframe. The only problem is that there is no good way of making the iframe adjust to the screen height. I experimented with CSS, but couldn’t fix it. Setting the height to 1000px somewhat works, though there is no vertical scrolling then of course.

<iframe src="http://ad.leadboltads.net/show_app_wall?section_id=xxxxxx" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="1000"></iframe>

Hi ,

im looking forward to use mopub in my app, there are so many networks these days so picking up 3-4 networks is difficult, could you tell me which ones work better?

its only hit and trial. Many ad networks are simply not working like Tap it. I think they forgot to delete the entry from mediation networks before stopping their operations. Its all hit and trial. I also wish if there was some page where ad networks would publish their average ecpms country wise for last x number of days.

What adnetworks do u mediate using mopub? I’m thinking about implementing it, how efficient it is? Could u please come out with a list of adNetworks that u use?

I’ve just setup MoPub in a new app. I’m using only interstitials, with the following networks so far:

Officially Supported Networks

• MoPub Marketplace
  • Millennial Media
  • Chartboost
    Unsupported Networks (wrote my own adapters)
  • AppBrain
  • AppNext
  • MobileCore
  • StartApp (new in-app SDK)
  • TapContext

I was going to use LeadBolt and Inneractive as well, but had difficulty integrating their SDKs to MoPub. So this is something I’m still working on.
Am also planning to add Airpush once they release their new SDK.

The process of setting up the MoPub SDK was quite easy. All I had to do was download the latest MoPub SDK from GitHub, follow the instructions on their Wiki to implement interstitials, and then write my own adapters for the networks that aren’t yet supported.

If there is sufficient interest, I’d be happy to share my adapters for these networks in a git repository or something. Can’t guarantee they’re well written (might have context leaks, etc.) But they seem to work so far! :slight_smile:

@Daler, for mopub, my personal choice is mopub marketplace, admob, jumptap, leadbolt(html banners only). ChartBoost also looks good.

But their servers seem to be too slow. I have migrated one of my app to admob mediation and their servers are very fast to download the ad. Server performance play a crucial role in mediation because of multiple rounds of requests when 2-3 networks don’t have any ad to serve your app.

David was also using admob mediation till his account got banned. Probably @david can also approve the above observation

Note: I am in talks with StartApp, Airpush and MobileCore to release their official versions of admob adapters which should of great help.

please david share with us the custom adapter code

I hadn’t noticed the speed difference, but it has been quite a while since I was using AdMob so I don’t really have any benchmark.

If you’re comfortable using AdMob, go right ahead - it’s actually a very good mediation platform. The only reason I switched back to MoPub is because my AdMob account was suspended. I’m not sure if this was due to my using their mediation platform, or some other undisclosed reason. But I’m not recommending AdMob at the moment, because I don’t know what caused my account suspension, and wouldn’t want the same thing to happen to anyone else.

To add to this, you can use javascript to detect the viewport height and set iframe height. See this link Iframe with 100% height - atguy.com for more info. I had to this for a landing page where I needed to embed an iframe.

Stay tuned gents for the only pure ad mediation “optimization” engine. Shoot me a PM to discuss.

@javaexp,
Not really sure if I can stick with admob… So far I dont see any option of being migrated to new admob as simply my country is not in support list. I’m still using old admob. Actually, just waiting for the last date of new admob migration to see what will be their actions… @david,
It’s nice idea to share your adapters… :wink:

Ok I’ve published my MoPub Interstitial adapters here: https://bitbucket.org/makingmoneywithandroid/mopub-adapters

Some changes were necessary (adding licence headers, removing some global variables, etc.) so this is not exactly the code that I use in my app. But it’s pretty close.

Hope this helps! As mentioned earlier - no guarantees this is a good implementation or anything. If you’ve got suggestions for improvement (or want to write some banner adapters), feel free to clone the repo, make your changes and submit a pull request. That way I’ll be able to integrate them into the main repository for everyone to use.

hey david,
can we use only other Interstitial and not mopub Interstitial , as i don’t want net 60 horrible