Keep 100% of your in-app purchasing revenues

Hi Everyone, my name is Allison and I am a part of the marketing department for Lotaris. You may not have heard about our company, as we have spent most of our existence working with large ISV’s like Symantec, Capcom, and Microsoft, but now we have a product that is geared towards independent app developers. I wanted to introduce our newest product for Android Developers - Lotaris in-appCommerce.

Lotaris in-appCommerce for Android operates as a store independent check out service, allowing you to keep more of the money that you earn while distributing your apps via multiple Android app stores, like Google Play, Opera, and Amazon, along with any other stores that allow developers to use store independent checkout services.

Right now, all developers who sign up this month, will be able to keep 100% of all in-app purchasing revenues when using Lotaris in-appCommerce. If you are interested in learning more, you can contact me directly or visit www.lotaris.com/android for more information.

Allison Tibbs
[email protected]

How is this service complaint with the Google Play policy ?

+1. Same query here

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed response.

You are absolutely right in most cases, Google Play policy requires you to use their in-app billing service. However there are exceptions as per the excerpt below.

Developers offering additional content, services or functionality within another category of app downloaded from Google Play must use Google Play’s in-app billing service as the method of payment, except:
o where payment is primarily for physical goods or services (e.g. buying movie tickets, or buying a publication where the price also includes a hard copy subscription); or
o where payment is for digital content or goods that may be consumed outside of the application itself (e.g. buying songs that can be played on other music players).
Hence, if you have a cross platform application, for example Skype/Dropbox/Evernote, where your credits/premium features can be consumed outside of the application itself, there is a good chance you are able to use a 3rd party in-app billing solution like Lotaris in-appCommerce.

Having said that, Lotaris will offer the in-app billing API for Google Play in November which allows you to be compliant with the store policy. We will also be offering the in-app billing APIs for Amazon and Samsung in the months to come.

I am sure that you are aware that the in-app billing APIs of the various stores like, Google Play, Amazon and Samsung are different. Hence, with 1 integration Lotaris in-appCommerce will offer you the in-app billing APIs of multiple stores, allowing you to be compliant on stores like GP, Amazon and Samsung or benef from a 3rd party solution on stores like Opera, GetJar and SlideME.

The picture below should paint a thousand words. Hopefully, this answers your question and if you need more assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at [email protected].

Awesome! Thanks so much, if you need anymore information, feel free to contact us at [email protected]. Thanks!

Is there a time limit on that? I mean, will there a time when the 100% will drop to 70% or do people that register now get that for life?

Hi there,

For any new developer who signs up with our Lotaris in-appCommerce service, will be able to keep 100% of the in-app revenues for 90 days (or until you hit 1,000 transactions). After that period, we will only charge 15% revenue share, which is a lot less than most checkout services like Google Play (30%). This 15% is ongoing and you can keep more of the money you earn while distributing your app via multiple top tier Android app stores like Google Play (where policy allows), Opera, SlideME and Appland that allow developers to use store independent checkout services. Our store independent checkout services currently supports multiple payment methods including Credit Cards, PayPal, Mobile Operator Billing across 80 countries and very soon, Alipay (China) and MOLpoints (South East Asia).

For more information, feel free to visit In-app Monetization Solution for Android | Lotaris or you can email us directly at [email protected].

Thanks!

who publish the app?

You are able to publish and distribute your own apps on the various app stores, this gives you an opportunity to be more flexible with your app distribution, plus the option to have more payment methods and business models for your application across multiple platforms and app stores. For more information, you can visit In-app Monetization Solution for developers | Lotaris or you can email us directly at [email protected]. Thanks!