Got an email from Admob about optimisation consultation

I scheduled a call with an AdMob rep which was basically an adsense rep. Didnt give me much info besides things like “Well, maybe you should try mediation” or “Maybe you should try our new sdk”

Whatever, waste of time

dav800 wasted time, toxic wasted time. Who’s next?
When will you guys learn on other’s mistakes? :smiley:

I received one too but is about the New Admob going to implement soon in my region (Asia) and ask me want to be first to try or not. I am using Google Play services for admob.

His recommendations of my Admob are: put smart banner at bottom and refresh rate 60 seconds. Add interstitial on app launch. This guy seems to be expect in Google DFP. However, there is only one App that can be apply for consult.

In the end, I fount out that New Admob does not support PayPal and I am not sure direct deposit to bank is supported in my country. So, most likely I will halt before upgrade to new Admob.

Are you from India.?

Nope. I am from Malaysia.

If you’re integrated with a platform like Google (or any other ad platform for that matter) you are always on their radar. Ad platforms run reports all the time and take note of apps that start to perform well or start showing irregular behavior. So if you aren’t complaint to their policies they will find out sooner rather than later regardless if you respond to setting up a phone call with them.

I just find it interesting that there are developers out there who seem hesitant to grow a relationship with a company they utilize to help earn income from. Ad platforms need developers and (some) developers need ad platforms. Why not make it as efficient as possible:)

So I’ve received one of these have a conversation with someone and they have since invited me to go to a workshop day down in their London Office next week with “selected Uk and Nordic developers” I’m unsure on if I’m going to go still but I’ve got a week to decide.

if you go there, eat well and if possible share some pics (may be they will allow taking pics from cafeteria only)

I ve attended the workshop in my homeland, Istanbul. It was quite enjoying and met awesome guys from almost all around the world, including Google workers.

Therefore, i d totally recommend.

LOL :slight_smile: best advice ever

I have a scheduled call next week. Will let you know guys how it goes. :slight_smile:

i had the same too, they were very enthusiastic, with they support my money be higher than before

That’s great to hear!