Google ad id identifier compliance

Startapp is claiming that version 2.3.5 is compliant with ad identifier policy.

Is mC’s version 0.9.4 in compliance.
What about appnext, they never use version names for sdk.

Good topic. Mobvista is complaint with this?

start from 2014.08.01, still have a lot of time for ad networks to adjust. but they need to offer us some time to change the sdk in our apps.
I think we should update all our apps at about 07.15~07.20

Please see this: https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html

“Beginning August 1st 2014, all updates and new apps uploaded to the Play Store must use the advertising ID (when available on a device) in lieu of any other device identifiers for any advertising purposes.”

So, I believe that it doesn’t matter for old apps (prior to August).

Unless they stop serving ads to your not yet updated apps - will your old users all update? How long will it take them to update? It might cost us a lot in ad revenue.

Yes, it doesn’t matter for old apps. For Admob as google said:

• On August 1, 2014, the Play Store will stop accepting new or updated apps that use the standalone Google AdMob SDK. The standalone SDK does not use the Advertising ID, and will therefore be non-compliant with the Google Play Ad Policy on this date.

• We will stop offering technical support for questions specifically related to the standalone Android SDK on August 1, 2014.

• Ad serving through the standalone SDK will continue to work after August 1, 2014.
    There are currently no plans to stop serving ads through the standalone SDK

So I don’t see reason why ads shouldn’t be served after 1st August.

javaexp - only 2.3.5 version of Startapp SDK is ad ID compliant? I have major issue with this SDK because it crashes my game. When I put the version 2.2.2 game is running fine.

@mboadu - the text you are quoting is old (as stated somewhere above in this thread), unfortunately they later said they WILL stop serving ads. We don’t know what exactly they mean by that though.

Hey Guys,

I work for AdBuddiz (www.adbuddiz.com). I just wanted to let you know that our SDK is 100% compliant with Google new policies.