Getting downloads

Hi,

I released my first app about 3 weeks ago and i got about 200 downloads by now but the numbers are declining.
i think about 100 of the downloads are from my friends and only the rest are organic.
at the beginning i had about 25-15 daily installs and i was ranked 75 in the “New Free Games” under Casual but now i’m ranked 259 and getting about 5 daily installs.
those anyone have some suggestions on how to get more downloads?

this is my app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sumitup.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I tried the game and found it quite good ;-), a little fun game. I would spend $1000 on facebook ads for 1 week to give it a boost and see if it takes off.

I didnt see any ads, how is it monetized?

Small suggestion: make the numbers bigger

Was thinking for facebook ads.
Any practical experience how it is in comparison of other promotors??

Thanks, actually i have a banner at the bottom and at the beginning you’re suppose to see an interstitial ad.
i don’t have much money so i’m pretty limited, i can probably spend about 100$, but is that enough to really get something?

I think that is not enough, you would end up wasting your money…
Maybe i didnt see the ads because the inventory in Chile is not that good.

Based on our experience we can only compare it to Appbrain, and FB seems to be cheaper (not 100% sure because we have only used FB´s CPC campaigns without tracking) than Appbrain. It is definitely better than Appbrain in terms of downloads volume you can get.

Keep in mind though that mind got burned badly using FB ads though. (pun not intended)

Hi there, based on my experience, no matter ios or android apps, you can boost your app downloads with the following methods:

Appeal optimization - You should make your app title, icon, screenshots and video attractive, which can increase the download rates.

Description Optimization - Your app descriptions count for much in enticing users to download your app. Highlight your app features and advantages in first 3~5 lines. Keep it short and simple.

Get rating and positive reviews – Users prefer one app which gets higher rating and more positive reviews and about 95% users will take the app reviews as one of the most important reference factors to judge the app, and most people prefer to download an app which has much more positive reviews and higher app ratings. Then it’s a great way to increase app downloads.

Boost app ranking on the app store - Over 65% users dicover new apps by browsing or searching on the app stores, and most of them just browsing the top 10 apps, them boost app ranking is also a great way to boost app downloads, the more people it reaches, the more downloads your app will get. App Store Optimization is a good way to boost app ranking.

Limited-time discount - Celebrating everything, putting special offers and discounts on your app, but only for limited periods, which can boost your app downloads definitely.

Get featured on the app stores - Generally speaking, people give much more trust to offical recommendation. If your app get featured on the app stores, the download rates would be much higher.

Hope those methods are useful to u.