"Flow" is now trademarked - Avoid it in your app name.

How can you search that database properly? When i search for “flow” i het 9000 results.

And isn’t it time that we civilized developers are gonna unite against those rats who try tot bring down other fellow developers with 19th century laws, who probably would give in a couple of Jews for a nice little penny if the law would change in that direction.

Try this URL also https://www.tmdn.org/tmview/welcome#

Very easy and show many countries trademark at the same time.

When I search for Flow on those databases I get thousands of results. How do you search it properly?

Searching these databases is a bit of a nightmare. I haven’t found a quick and easy way to do it. However, as developers publishing apps, we have the same responsibility to exercise due diligence as the big boys.

One idea I had around the flow trademark. AFAIK the trademark covers complete words, but not the case where the trademarked word is part of another word. So, for example, airflow would be legal as a name, but flowing air would (probably) not. Still all a bit academic, as Google can just suspend any app they like, whether it is legal or not.

Some laws in USA are demented and with the spread of the Internet the affect is spilling over to citizens of other nations.