Featured categories: a new approach to keyword optimization

1. yes, that´s for sure, it suggests you apps based on you previous downloads and what your friends are using/playing
  2. it happened the same with my words game… wonder if that would happen within the Sports category?

I did check it, but decided not to answer it until now. No need for public reminders

Take a look on this: Top categories on Google Play - AppBrain

“Apps with >50K downloads”, for word game, it was merely 500+. Sport game is way better, but also higher competition.

i wonder what is the % of apps with +1MM , which is our goal!

About 0.7%

Sports games category? According to appbrain figures, it is 0.94% but for all the apps.

It was just a rough estimation of the total amount. At the end of 2014 there were 1,43mio apps on Google Play. Total amount of apps with more than 1mio is 11,800. This makes 0.825% for all apps. If we now take a look at the amount of 50k reached per category, we can assume that games perform better than normal apps, because the chance is higher for them to reach 50k and obviously also to reach 1mio. Sports category doesn’t perform as good as RPG, Racing and Simulation, but is still rather strong. So I’d say it’s definetly a bit higher than 0.825% in the sports category.

Anyone know which game categories get the most downloads?

i think casual, adventure, action categories get the most