Do you trust StartApp's homepage ad?

Just wanted to see how many of you are planning to implement startapps homepage ad since the new policy says no bookmarks…

I use it, and it’s legal because op-int screen tell user that change :

System Interference:

An app downloaded from Google Play (or its components or derivative elements) must not make changes to the user’s device outside of the app without the user’s knowledge and consent.
This includes behavior such as replacing or reordering the default presentation of apps, widgets, or the settings on the device. If an app makes such changes with the user’s knowledge and consent, it must be clear to the user which app has made the change and the user must be able to reverse the change easily, or by uninstalling the app altogether.
Apps and their ads must not add homescreen shortcuts, browser bookmarks, or icons on the user’s device as a service to third parties or for advertising purposes.
Apps and their ads must not display advertisements through system level notifications on the user’s device, unless the notifications derive from an integral feature provided by the installed app. (e.g., an airline app that notifies users of special deals, or a game that notifies users of in-game promotions).
Apps must not encourage, incentivize, or mislead users into removing or disabling third-party apps except as part of a security service provided by the app.

Doesn’t the following line prohibits use of browser bookmarks for serving ads:

Apps and their ads must not add homescreen shortcuts, browser bookmarks, or icons on the user’s device as a service to third parties or for advertising purposes.

Now that´s an interesting question, i already made a research on the subject and from what i found the startapp homepage isn´t considered a bookmark, you can try search on google about it, every website or article that talks about how to change the homepage never mentions it is a bookmark and when they talk about the two they always state the difference between the homepage and a bookmark. I am also a bit uneasy about it, but if you find a place on the web where someone considers the homepage to be a bookmark please let us know.

Also in the desktop they are a lot of free apps that try to change your browser homepage, so the users would be a lot more familiar with it.

But again the google policy states the following on the ad policy line : "Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads. " But again what is interfering? Is changing the homepage considered interfering? Questions, questions, questions

yes it is a grey area. startapp and appwiz are having browser homepage ads.

I think difference is “for advertising purposes” their bookmark not all with ads, user can find information or picture from that page.

If startapp and appwiz allow developers to add some content from app to that browser homepage then it could work as mobario’s solution works. Right now, I won’t take risk with them.

Every single PPD network is exploiting the the grey area. Its like “black hat” method which works for a while and eventually gets shut down.

Google would eventually ban this and its back to square. These companies are just going to exploit the loopholes coz these methods are not directly mentioned in the new policy.

So you think Mobario solution is more complaint then StartApp?

Yes I installed mobario’s demo app from play store and guess I myself want to use it. With news, FB, Twitter in one place, its a great add on. But the problem with mobario is what if same device has two apps with mobario’s solution, who will earn? If one app gets updated (for new features), will it give away mobario’s revenue generation to other non-updated app.

Only the first one if I understand it correctly. Although, you may like it but they are more spammy in nature becoz they spam the whole phone with their crap all over other apps not just yours.