Can't publish app

Hi. I have developed an app, that helps user to build pixel-art images in Minecraft. So it takes any picture from phone and converts it to Minecraft blocks. But now I can’t publish it to play market, I got this on e-mail:

REASON FOR REJECTION: Violation of the spam provision of the Content Policy. Please refer to the keyword spam policy help article for more information.

Do not use others’ branding or product names at the start of your app title without permission. This implies association and is misleading for users. Instead, use “for [ product or brandinsert name ].”
Incorrect: “Android MediaPlayer”
Correct: “MediaPlayer for Android”

First, I used word “Minecraft” several times, but now I mentioned it only one time:

Convert any image to blocks and build it in Minecraft easily!

Still get rejections. And now I can see tons of apps, that use this keyword without “for, in”. How do they do it?

sometimes i get same error when i use keywords 4-5 times (not for, in). Simple i delete 1 or 2 words that i use 4-5 times. And this is enough.

Already tried that. None of my keywords was used more, than 4 times. And one question - if this app isn’t already at play market, how many rejections can I get till strike? Because I got this message :

All submission rejections are tracked. Repeated rejections due to policy violations will result in app suspension, at which point this app will count as a strike against the good standing of your developer account and no longer be available on Google Play.

Nobody knows, if you are trying you can get account ban. Probably now you have red flag on your account and human operator is reviewing your apps before publish.

Firstly, Minecraft is trademark belongs to Mojang(Microsoft), you cannot use this word. Other apps with this keywords had just luck.

For human operator, good is disclaimer that it’s only fan application and all rights belongs to owners. Also disclaimer that word “minecraft” is a brand and trademark belongs to mojang.

Something like this:
“DISCLAIMER: This app is in no way affiliated with minecraft and does not claim ownership of any of the content. This application complies with US Copyright law guidelines of “fair use”. If you feel there is a direct copyright or trademark violation that doesn’t follow within the “fair use” guidelines, please contact us directly.”

Still, it’s only for human operator, bot can ban you. Try to use word “flash player”, you can be also banned but 100% flagged to be checked. Apps with “flash player” if they are legal, can be published after operator’s review.

ok, maybe human operator will understand the purpose of my app, so I could use “minecraft” keyword. Also, from their e-mail I got:

Do not use others’ branding or product names at the start of your app title without permission. This implies association and is misleading for users. Instead, use “for [ product or brandinsert name ].”
Incorrect: “Android MediaPlayer”
Correct: “MediaPlayer for Android”

And I thought we can use trademarks with “for” in front.
Google bot approval is faster than App Store’s, but in cases like this we can’t do anything :frowning:

Check your bundle id and remove the minecrsft from there if you have one and using minecraft over and over again in your description will increase weight in Google spam crawler. Do not attempt to update this app with same bundle. Change it and wait for a week and submit again by less using minecraft or avoid.

It might be because it’s tied to minecraft. I’m not sure how open they are with regards to third-party applications, but it could be an issue.

What is your app name? Does it contained the word minecraft?

com.electricfoal.photocrafter - that’s my bundle, I googled this name, it’s not a trademark and not used in play market

The name is Photocrafter, I don’t think, that “craft” in there might cause the rejection

What about thousands apps and games (like minecraft puzzle or etc.), they are using “Minecraft” word even without “in, for, etc.”

ok, tried tomorrow once more time, and success :slight_smile: don’t know why, maybe human moderator reviewed it. If anybody interested, here is the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.electricfoal.photocrafter