can you advertise alcohol?

i am looking at developing an app. (having someone else develop it) but it would be a cocktail recipe app and was wondering can you advertise alcohol?
i thought i read something google doesn’t allow it? if so are there any ad programs that you can specified what to advertise?

Hi @teggy6, I have some good news for you. Yes, alcohol ads are permitted by Google to run across apps. There are several ad platforms out there that work with large alcohol brands running mobile ad campaigns on apps and mobile websites. A good thing about alcohol campaigns is that they are usually on a CPM model and have larger budgets meaning higher eCPMs (effective cost per thousand impressions) for developers. Alcohol advertisers/brands understand that the pool of apps that allow alcohol/gambling ads (i.e. have a mature user base and rating) is not as large as they would like which means apps that allow alcohol ads are of higher demand and will see larger ad revenue from these brands.

But these apps still need to have a decent amount of users to see some revenue though. Alcohol brands are most likely either looking to run their campaigns in specific DMAs (aka designated market areas like Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.) or across all of the major English speaking countries.

The alcohol brands I come across are looking to run rich media ads across apps, so I would check with your developer to see if your app will be MRaid 2.0 complaint. MRaid is the industry standardized set of commands, designed to work with HTML5 and JavaScript, that developers creating rich media ads will use to communicate what those ads do (expand, resize, get access to device functionalities such as the accelerometer, etc) with the apps they are being served into.

You can learn more about MRaid here: Mobile Rich Media Ad Interface Definitions (MRAID)

There are ad platforms out there that provide SDKs for developers that are MRaid complaint as well.

Alcohol apps are also allowed within the Google Play Store. Make sure you rate your app accordingly based on Google’s guidelines here: Requirements related to content ratings for apps, games and the ads served on both - Play Console Help

Hopefully this helps you out a little bit :slight_smile:

Hello,
Sorry for that we can’t help for advertise your Alcohol Products.We only offer App Advertising & Online Video Marketing.If you want to App for your products we do our best.

App Advertising

[reHow TE=Andrdevelopers 0877]Hi @teggy6, I have some good news for you. Yes, alcohol ads are permitted by Google to run across apps. There are several ad platforms out there that work with large alcohol brands running mobile ad campaigns on apps and mobile websites. A good thing about alcohol campaigns is that they are usually on a CPM model and have larger budgets meaning higher eCPMs (effective cost per thousand impressions) for developers. Alcohol advertisers/brands understand that the pool of apps that allow alcohol/gambling ads (i.e. have a mature user base and rating) is not as large as they would like which means apps that allow alcohol ads are of higher demand and will see larger ad revenue from these brands.

But these apps still need to have a decent amount of users to see some revenue though. Alcohol brands are most likely either looking to run their campaigns in specific DMAs (aka designated market areas like Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.) or across all of the major English speaking countries.

The alcohol brands I come across are looking to run rich media ads across apps, so I would check with your developer to see if your app will be MRaid 2.0 complaint. MRaid is the industry standardized set of commands, designed to work with HTML5 and JavaScript, that developers creating rich media ads will use to communicate what those ads do (expand, resize, get access to device functionalities such as the accelerometer, etc) with the apps they are being served into.

You can learn more about MRaid here: Mobile Rich Media Ad Interface Definitions (MRAID)

There are ad platforms out there that provide SDKs for developers that are MRaid complaint as well.

Alcohol apps are also allowed within the Google Play Store. Make sure you rate your app accordingly based on Google’s guidelines here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/188189?hl=en

Hopefully this helps you out a little bit :)[/QUOTE]
Wow awesome thanks so much for all the info. How do you feel about Freelance developers I’m looking on odesk.com and another site. however I’m not sure how to judge how good they are. Obviously I’m trying to go cheap.

also are there adprograms like admob for the alcohol advertising? or how would i do so?