Are people getting banned?

Are there anyone who is banned after new September first for not following guidelines? (I would think at least some people havent updated to latest sdk).

People have gotten banned ever since the new TOS were released.

Google never specifies WHY exactly someone is getting banned or suspended. People have been getting banned even before the reformed policy. So nobody can really answer that question. And since most people use multiple networks, it is impossible to say which one is not compliant in the eyes of Google.
[hr]

Thats good to know Phil.

Thank you.

Whats troubling is no one knows if any or all of the ad networks are Google Policy complaint. Is there a channel between ad networks and google to make sure xyz ad network is complaint with Google policy? If not, why is no ad network making noise about it?

A developer I know was banned a few days ago, with the same reason as discussed in another thread - prior violations.

Though it’s odd, as he never had issues in the past, he was running Airpush + Leadbolt.

Maybe it was too much?? haha.

Hate to speak for others but to the best of my knowledge, neither AirPush nor Leadbolt and nor SendDroid of course are violating any Google Policy.

I like to think that if any one of us was under any kind of violation, a LOT of developers would have been banned.

You should also keep in mind that getting banned/suspended after the policy update doesn’t necessarily mean that the ban is because of ad units. Though it may be in some cases, the small number of bans tells me that bans could be a result of other violations like multiple accounts, keyword issues and what not.

Thats just my personal opinion.

@Chrisdaniel0421,

I personally have apps on Google Play. None of my apps were disabled nor were any of my developer accounts banned.

Airpush is in compliance and our redesigned website is even easier to navigate.

http://www.airpush.com/developers?conversionsource=JP

[/quote]

That is one of my worries as well.

I have urged all developers to have updated SDKs of all networks.

Although I’m sure the majority of developers have done so since nobody wants to risk it, I do fear there are some, especially with a VERY large number of apps who are working on it still.

But I’d say its been ‘so far so good’.

I’m also sure that many developers haven’t updated and re-uploaded their .apk files however they should quickly and easily disable their apps from Google Play before their apps are removed all together. A bit of progressive preemptive prevention goes a long way.

That is one of my worries as well.

I have urged all developers to have updated SDKs of all networks.

Although I’m sure the majority of developers have done so since nobody wants to risk it, I do fear there are some, especially with a VERY large number of apps who are working on it still.

But I’d say its been ‘so far so good’.
[/quote]

From my personal point of view, Google are doing a “clean house” which is not related directly to any ad unit/ad type.

It seems they have opened the gates to all app developers and most apps, in order to grow in the amazing rate the platform had, with a clear goal of passing Apple.

Now that they are the clear dominant platform, it’s easy for them to start cleaning out “poor” quality apps and dev accounts, as well as put more restraints on opening new developer accounts in the Market…

in the process, i’m sure that quite a few legit developers may have been hurt as well.

All fair in the Android/iOS war I guess :slight_smile:

It would be good for all of us if Google removed all the crap from the Market. I think we all agree there’s a lot of crapware™.

Agreed!, Marketplace needs a good cleaning, there sure is a lot of crap out there that needs to be thrown out IMO.

While I don’t mind the housecleaning, it seems like there should be a moratorium on permanent bans while developers learn how the new policy will be interpreted. IMHO, unless you are violating laws, or repeatedly violating “serious” policy items, you should not get a lifetime ban associated with the developer.

After all, how am I to know what Google will consider “repetitive content”?
(heads-up: I am going to post that very question as a separate thread shortly)