Appodeal fraud revealed. My investigation

Why should developers care about all these details if they get better better revenue and immediate payment???!!

Hey. I take it very seriously. Could you PM me your e-mail address, the one that has been used to contact you?
We will double check internally and I will post the results.

I’m pretty sure we haven’t been using third-party private databases.

I hope appodeal remains high paying and flexible for us developers like the way it is now. I was confused whether to go with appodeal or not. For now I am going to go with appodeal.

Assuming what @johnedepth said was true, but if Appodeal does not cause Google ban my apps, I will still keep using appodeal since it really generates good income for me comparing it with admob and other networks.

And, why do you spend so much time on investigating Appodeal? Have you done the same thing on other ad networks?

Definitely, you won’t do anything untoward knowingly.
Just trust your gut. And have some stats :slight_smile:
Why investigate appodeal fraud?
I’ve lost some time and bucks.
More credible articles will follow.

I must suggest for all who are investigating appodeal, get some life and spend some time to improve or create new games and apps.
just see how shitty they are and have spoiled the entire market with loose motion.

still if you are getting time, use wireshark/ethreal/toddler/tcpdump/f*ckdump and intercept other ad networks as well.
do not be partial for them. afterall they are giving less revenue than appdeal.

still anything is left out?? mine co*k is standing straight in air. come and suck it. may be it will rest your soul in peace.

hope it helps.

I received a DM from you with your e-mail address.
We are checking internally. I will post results by the end of this week.

Hi,

I’m currently using startapp ad units for my android games.
Same as you guys, startapp is generating very low income for me recently.
I’m considering switching over to appodeal after reading the great results that you all received.
May I know if it is safe to use appodeal at app launch and app exit?
Will I get ban by google play?

Thank you.

Appodeal does not support app launch ads or app exit ads.
You can try to integrate it, but performance will be low.

Dude your full of it, it take sup to 48 hours for the appodeal impressions for appodeal appwalls to show up in developer console.

As I promised, we ran internal investigation to check your report.

We have spoken and John Paul has shared the information he has.

Your email was scraped from the list on Appnext.com. The page does not currently show your email address however the websites last available cache does reveal this to be the case. (https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dCFLYTAu8JoJ:https://community.appnext.com/user/fingertise+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

You ID number is listed in one of John Paul’s previous years reports as a prospect however not his customer. This report was not the Airpush database and only consisted of his prospects. He further explained that the ID number associated with your email address was most likely from research during that time and the only matching reference available was what he found with his limited access to the old database.

Additional data regarding your account was provided by Mixrank and merged in your account.

Our script does merge records in our customer relations management database using the email address. When you responded to his initial introduction during his time here at Appodeal, this record he brought with him had your ID in the ‘first_name’ field. With your reply, the record updated to the first name being “Avery Whs”

On behalf of the whole Appodeal team I apologize if it offended you in any way and would like to be specific that there was no malice intended or public postings made.