Any marketing advice for my new App?

Hi all!

So Ive recently released an Android app called SendForth and I am curious as to how to best promote it. Its actually a complete overhaul of an older app I developed. Its a bit of a niche app I suppose (forwarding SMS to email) so I am contemplating whether there’s any point in paid advertising at all? Ive spent $100 with AppBrain now and while I do definitely see a significant increase in installs during the promotion period it also seems like most users coming from AppBrain install the app but hardly use it.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Paid advertising is useless
Paid advertising is useful only if you have a budget to top the charts.
Or only when you know the life span of your user and the average money they will fetch till that time.
If that money exceeds the money spent in advertising,only then it can be useful.

I would suggest try getting some scripts online which posts on facebook groups and spam on them.Easy free way of marketing.
You should be aware of the content which sells and content which doesn’t.
According to my experience,inspirational stories/or your journey of making the app attract the most attention.
stuff like this :
How do I make passive income with Android apps? - Quora

Here are some useful ways to promote your app:

paid ways

App store optimization
App Store Optimization aims at improving a mobile app’s visibility in an App Store. With this method, an app will rank as higher as possible in search results through approximate optimization of title, keywords, icon, etc. Once there was a research reporting, up to 63% apps are found by keyword search. That’s why App Store Optimization is so important, making it as easy and possible for potential users to find and install your app. There are many app store companies(like [b]ASOTOP1[/b]), you can cooperate with them, they provide professional app store optimization services.

Advertizing
You can put ads on websites, forums, platforms of social media and even other apps. Or you can advertise your app by inviting some celebrities to promote your app, for users prefer to believe what famous people say.

Get positive reviews and high ratings
70% users will see at least one app review, 75% users will take the app reviews as one of the most important reference factors to judge the app, but only 42% users will use their own judgment on the quality of the app.

Make your apps become pre-loaded
It’s one major way to promote your apps. You should cooperate with the cellphone manufactures. The download quantity and the number of actual users are interdependent with the app promotion. Although it might cost a large amount of money, it can be the efficient way to increase the download quantity and promote your app products.

Free Ways

Start a Blog
The beauty of your blog is that you post whatever you feel, whenever you want. A good informative blog will attract potential customers multiple times.

Social Media
You can to build support for your app by establishing your brand on social media sites such as Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Google plus, periscope, and YouTube.

Forums
Forums are a wonderful place to find like minded people to promote mobile apps to. Find forums relevant to your app and use them as a third person who has tried it and found it to be exciting. Interested customers will see you as a subject matter expert and begin to ask you questions. Satisfied customers will quickly spread the good news and increase it’s popularity.

Email marketing
Email marketing doesn’t mean investing in expensive email marketing services. All you have to do is create lists of potential clients and reach out to them with your app.

Cross promotion
Once you published your app in Store, you can market it with cross promotion with other apps by installs and reviews exchange. You may try some Cross-promotion networks (CPN), Facebook group or exchange forums.

Participate in relevant activities
By joining relevant activities, you not only can promote your app, but also can expand your personal connetctions.

Hope those methods are useful to you.