Admob Mediation pending notice

Hi,

We added charboost,inmobi,vungle,unityads to our admob mediation account adding all the fields mentioned after we had opened an account, but the other networks seems to have a pending sign in front of them after 3 days , is this normal , if not what can we do to rectify this, kindly guide we want to add some other top networks to our ads on apps …

Also on this page we see that we need to implement the sdk - https://firebase.google.com/docs/admob/android/mediation-networks

How do we implement so many sdks in one game …

We tried using heyzap but they do not respond to our ticket for 3 days now …

Thanks

Regards
Rajiv

Each network has admob mediation adapters you have to use them in your game along with sdk of each network…

@NokiaDev -we saw the process is much simpler with heyzap, like we just need to add the .ane files and make changes to descriptor file, or am i missing something here, or we need to add the sdks like we need in admob …

But heyzap support does not respond , we just got this email -

"
Hi,

Thank you for writing into Heyzap Support. We are looking into every support issue brought to us, and will get back to you as soon as possible.

We have a great repository of Docs and an in-depth FAQ that could help answer your questions:
https://developers.heyzap.com/docs
https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/faq

Regards,
Christian Reeves & The Support Team

"

Regards
Rajiv

Read their documentation mg friend…it’s simple and clear…you just need to use their sdks and manifest permissions left the remaining to heyZap…

Hi Rajiv-

Amy from Heyzap here! So sorry to hear that you haven’t heard from our support team… We try to get to every request within 24 hours but sometimes we aren’t able to get to everyone on time! If it’s not too much trouble, would you mind DMing me the email address you used to write in so that I can figure out what happened? Also, please feel free to DM me your support issue as well and I would be more than happy to expedite it and get you a response ASAP!

-Amy @ Heyzap

@heyzapamy - thanks amy , we were able to add the heyzap .ane file , but when we add the other networks, even when we set up the descriptor file and add all .ane , the ads stop showing, it does not stop the app but the ads simply do not show …

We are using native adobe air

Regards
Rajiv

@heyzapamy - still no reply …

Hi Rajiv,

Unfortunately we do not offer support on weekends. Please note that Heyzap Support is on PST!

So you need to share iOS or Android logs with us in order for us to diagnose the issue. You can alternatively utilize our Test Suite to try and fetch ads from other networks, and see what error it is giving you; all you have to do is provide your Heyzap credentials and app name to use this. Let me know!

Best,

Amy

@heyzapamy - hi thanks, actually we do not get any error, its just that after we add other networks, like applovin etc, the ads just stop showing, if we remove the other networks the ads from heyzap start showing again, i guess some one from your technical staff might need to reply to ticket as we are adding all the .ane and making changes to descriptor file …

Thanks

Rajiv

Rajiv, can you DM me the email address you wrote into Support with? I’d be happy to revisit with my engineering team. Thank you.

@heyzapamy - hi we got a reply from zard from heyzap, the problem is still there , but atleast the communication has begun …

Thanks for the concern …

Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Great to hear. In the future, feel free to message me on here as well if you have any questions.

-Amy