Adcolony 0.01 per completed video?

eCPM is an app by app value with many variables going into this calculation.

No, it isn’t.

eCPM is a simple equation - (revenue) / (delivered impression/1000). In other words, how much money did I make for every thousand impressions.

How that revenue is determine is a different story (CPM, CPI, CPC, CPCV, CPA, etc.)

Especially because they use cpcv. I watched a few videos for testing. They paid 0.06cents per completed video($0.6ecpm). I live in Germany. That’s the most pathetic video ad performance I’ve ever seen.

I don’t think that’s accurate StevePof.

If they are paying $.06 per completed video view, it could equate to a $60 CPM. There are 1,000 views in a CPM (cost per thousand). So it would be $.06 x 1000.

That said, the above statement, and calculation, assume that all of your users are watching the entire video to completion, or taking an action after the video is done. My understanding is that the business is done based on the app install. So if an install never happens the eCPM will erode over time.

As I wrote, they pay 0.06cents, not $. They pay after each completed video, their dashboard updates this life. I need to watch 15 videos to earn 1 cent.

$.06 = 6 cents.

Made a screenshot from their dashboard

That’s helpful, thanks!

I misunderstood what you were saying with 0.06 cents, sorry…looks like $0.0006 per video view. That is super low!

When I used AdColony earlier this year I was seeing healthy CPMs ~$5-7 but it declined over time resulting at around $1.50-3.00 for video which is really low. With the performance based stuff CPMs fluctuate too much, personally I rather stick with non performance based so I can get a decent CPM and it be steady for the most part. Also half of my apps are utility and lifestyle so blasting my users with video ads of Candy Crush is not the best fit and it probably wouldn’t convert well.

I’m too, i used when ecpm 4-5$, but it’s only 1-2$ now with 15s video, i don’t know why!

For any who are having problems with the above options: Unlockable (demo.unlockable.com) is launching a pilot program for 3-4 mobile app developers to test video-based CPI campaigns this January, and we’re offering a high guaranteed eCPM to participants (much higher than anything posted here). Please let me know if you’re interested by reaching out to [email protected] and I can provide details.

same for me, I removed video ad networks they perform awful

what are you guys using for video ads now?

You know what’s really sad? We have the most income with unity video ads with an ecpm between $5-6 for rewarded ads. about 1 year ago their ecpm was between $25 and $30. In fact, using rewarded ads today is just going to decrease your IAP income to a degree you will probably earn LESS if you use them. Thats what I feel at least.

Same here.

Some months ago I was having 5-6$ ecpm. this month ~2$ ecpm… Looking for a replacement now

Hey Guys,

If you’re using AdColony and or still still seeing low rates I have a no lose proposition for you. Try AerServ mediation to boost fill rate and CPMs. With our mediation platform you can continue to monetize with your existing ad networks, we have various top ad networks supported on our platform such as: Vungle, AdColony, InMobi and more. Additionally, we also have our own video demand and we are NON performance based. Meaning we pay on CPM, not Completed views or installs. Easily manage and control all ad networks from a single dashboard and identify which networks are giving you highest CPMs, from there you can easily reprioritize your network waterfall to ensure you’re continually optimizing your revenue.

Things to keep in mind with performance based video ads:

1.) You’re taking your users OUT of your game and into GooglePlay/Appstore - You’ve worked so hard to get users why force them out?
2.) Only get paid on either completed views or installs - showing the same video ad of a game over and over to users will result in LOW conversions, meaning low CPM for you.
3.) Some of these video ads are of your competitor’s apps, why lose users to your competitors?
4.) Majority of these ads are all gaming and non branded.

I’m more than happy to give anyone a demo of our platform - let me know!

Thanks and have a happy holiday.

[email protected] | philiptse85 (skype)